Old Republic Home Protection

www.orhp.com
  www.orhp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Old Republic Home Protection

This is a great company to work for. I wish now that I had never left Old Republic!!

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay...base and commission. Great benefits & bonuses. The staff is very supportative and everyone works together as a team to make this such a great company. Employess do not usually leave this company...

Cons

The Vice President likes to Micro Manage....

The self yearly evaluation should be done away with. It is a waste of time.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Old Republic Home Protection (View Most Recent)

SO FAR SO GOOD .. PRAYING FOR LONGEVITY WITH ORHP ....

Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

They have an amazing training program, PRESIDENT, management staff and the amazing Romel in TAPS ... I feel that they set you up fir success the ball is in your court and it's up to you to either drop it or dunk it. They are family oriented and full of positive energy. I plan on being with ORHP for the long haul. If you join ORHP you will love it and the president love's beyonce lol.

Cons

I am a little nervous about getting on the phones seeing that I've never worked in a live call center setting, but I'm hoping that whatever team I join that they will coach and assist me which I have no doubts they won't.

Keep up the good work! A little more flexibility with scheduling if possible for those with medical issues.

Be Friendly, Don't Think, Don't Care, Don't Strive to Improve and You'll do Fine.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

They have a very complex claims business, which they choose to view as a call center. Consequently they hire people for customer service skills, not for their ability to read, analyze and make decisions. They are constantly implementing systems to attempt to compensate for the fact that their employees aren't qualified for the work they do.

They do a lot of things to give the impression that they care (Halloween dress-up and buying pizza, for example), but when it comes to things that really matter, they fail. I worked for the company for 12 years, have a raise for over 5 years, despite consistently excellent performance appraisals. was then given the choice of commuting 200 miles daily or losing my job. The real kicker - after they fired me they told EDD I voluntarily quit, so I was denied benefits.

The CEO is so last century (mind you I'm almost 60, so this is quite a statement) she has everything printed out to read from a hard-copy.

They ask your opinion, but usually have their mind made up before asking the question. There wasn't a single time in the past 4-5 years I felt like a single thing I said was heard. There is a huge disconnect between their stated values and how they actually treat people.

There are newer employer reviews for Old Republic Home Protection