Not so great

I have been working at Old Spaghetti Factory

Pros

The menu is basic and very easy to learn. Flexible schedules that can easily modified using Hot Schedules. Fairly early off time.

Cons

Hard to build a check because of the low entree prices and the the "Complete Meal" concept. A lot of work for the money. More closing duties than any restaurant I've ever worked at. It's common to have to roll 100 silverware in addition to closing duties.

Advice to Management

Be sure to provide positive feedback for a job well done. It seems odd that dozens of guest compliments can be overshadowed by a single guest complaint.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Hostess
    Current Employee - Hostess

I have been working at Old Spaghetti Factory

Pros

Hostessing is a fun job when adapted to a fast-paced working environment. Great family run company, staff is always friendly and helpful.

Cons

Minimum wage and no tipping, often scolded for others mistakes, can be stressful on busy nights but other wise a fun job.

2. People you work with a great, the corporate structures view on hourly employees is "everyone is replaceable'

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Old Spaghetti Factory

Pros

Generally the people you work with are fun, and that helps you get through the crazy nights.

Cons

Corporate could care less about the employees. When minimum wage went up they increased our employee meal price instead of increasing the menu prices. 10% tips are the norm in my southeast location. A lot of work without the main benefit of serving which is making good money.