Oldcastle

www.oldcastle.com
  www.oldcastle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oldcastle

Good Old Boy Culture

I have been working at Oldcastle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at Oldcastle is the lack of micromanagement. It may not be this way with all managers or supervisors but I am able to work independently.

Cons

Lack of upward mobility. Oldcastle does a lot of hiring from the outside as opposed to promoting from within.

There should be more diversity in senior management roles and more opportunities for advancement. There is also a lack of direction from leadership that many employees struggle with. Send a clear message where the comapny is headed and goals for the future. More transparency would help employees feel connected and invested in the company.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Oldcastle (View Most Recent)

What all companies should follow.

I worked at Oldcastle

Pros

They treat employees very well, benefits are good, shop is well organized,up to date, and tools are adequate, and usually up to par.
    They treat issues fairly, are very adamant on safety issues, and well being of people, and equipment.
    In short, a very good company to work for!!

Cons

They employ a "point system".
    Which penalizes you for tardiness, absentness, etc...
    Which does end up screwing you even if you are so much as 1min. punching in. And in other ways.

Lose the point system!!
    You lost a lot of great employees because of it, including myself!

Love My Job at Oldcastle

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Oldcastle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a place where you are given the freedom to work independently. On my team, there is honestly no micromanagement, yet transparency all the way from the bottom to the top. I really feel like I've found a home with Oldcastle.

Cons

We need to work on innovating. Our field is one that has not seen a great deal of innovation over the past several decades, and that needs to change.

Be more willing to infuse our culture with young blood. We need more youth to fill in important roles. The main reason the company may come across as one full of old-timers currently is because there is very low turnover within Oldcastle and people seem to stay forever (at least in my division). Otherwise, I honestly feel that we have great Senior Management. Keep up the good work!

There are newer employer reviews for Oldcastle