Olin
www.olin.com Clayton, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

They demand full support and cooperation, but give minimal feedback and provide no communication to employees.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Olin

ProsSalary is average, but the overtime demands and overbearing. There is NO balance for work life and home life. If you wish to succeed you have to drink the kool-aid and devote yourself fully.

ConsThe only commitment Olin makes is to its shareholders, and short term balance sheets. Their is little to no respect for the employees. Upper management demands respect, but doesn't earn it or deserve it. The culture is best described as "straight out of the gulag".

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees, and they will surprise you. They ARE YOUR BEST ASSETT. Don't preach values and ethics unless you are committed to them. Don't expect more from anyone else than you yourself are willing to give.

2012-2013

Bullet Operator (Former Employee)
East Alton, IL

I worked at Olin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: nice benefits and retirement plans. Cons: lost job, due to company moved out of state Advice to Senior Management: going to miss you More

a very irresponsible company that has no sense of profit for dedicated employees or share holders

50 Caliber Adjuster (Current Employee)
East Alton, IL

I have been working at Olin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: supporting law enforcement, and military ammunition Cons: no bonuses, no profit sharing, no vacation for 10 yrs.… Advice to Senior Management: don't let your desires or greed overcome your integrity and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Olin.

Worked for Olin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Olin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Olin CEO Joseph D. Rupp. All reviews posted anonymously by Olin employees.