Oliver Wyman

www.oliverwyman.com

Meritocratic but aggressive firm is a good fit for industry-agnostic college grads seeking fast career progression.

Consultant (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTruly meritocratic: managers will promote anyone who deserves it, regardless of age or tenure. Easy to get international assignments. The organization is willing to take risks and act differently from other large consulting organizations (for example, by hiring less MBA's and forcing earlier specialization). Competitive pay.

ConsTrigger-happy management in regard to layoffs. No serious checks & balances regarding work/life balance. "Industry generalist" job titles seem generalist in name only for many who are effectively forced to specialize in an industry from day one.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take risks to differentiate OW from competitors, but be more candid with potential hires about what they can expect to like and dislike through a job at OW.

Strategy Consulting

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Oliver Wyman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Travel opportunities, good comp for undergrads Cons: Poor mentorship, too much politics, work is not particularly challenging, tendency to… Advice to Senior Management: Increase focus on providing clients quality experiences No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work in progress as OW strives for top line growth

Senior Job Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Oliver Wyman full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great networking and cultural enforcement activities (e.g. happy hour every Friday,… Cons: Outside of risk management, content gets a bit thin as most partners lack the appropriate background Going into unchartered waters due to focus on relationship… Advice to Senior Management: Slow and steady wins the game while retaining a strong… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oliver Wyman.

Worked for Oliver Wyman? Contribute to the Community!