There are newer employer reviews for Olsa Resources

No the best employment company out there.

I worked at Olsa Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Polite, accommodated my schedule, got me into a position ahead of original schedule.

Cons

Rushed to have me employed, positioned me in a job that I was unqualified for, dumped and abandoned me when my contract was terminated, contacted me about losing my job just hour before I was scheduled to work. Failed to help follow-up of returning personal items left at job site (never recovered.)

Be more supportive of those resources you hire.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Olsa Resources (View Most Recent)

Terrible company to work for

Former Employee - Recruiter in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Olsa Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Probably the best part of working here is the flexible schedule. You are told that if you're meeting your goals, you can work the hours you like. Generally, they want you to come in between 6-9am and leave between 3-6pm. However, they will monitor your time and use it against you if you aren't putting in enough hours to make them happy. They will not care if you put in additional time, as that is expected of you.

Cons

The management is terrible. The owner does not usually like to converse with workers. The manager talks down to you and gives constant "pep-talks" and chalkboard presentations that make you feel like you're in kindergarten. There is also no regard for the contract workers you recruit. If there is the slightest issue with them (even if they are the ones making the complaint) you have to fire them. They have trouble handling general office administration and making payroll consistently. This has resulted in numerous complaints and even lawsuits.

The base salary is not great and it takes a huge number of employees on your books before you come close to making a bonus. If you aren't hitting your numbers you will be let go. You are constantly reminded by management that you are expendable and could lose your job at any moment. They will make changes to the office or business practices without telling employees anything. All this results in a high turnover rate for recruiters, which is not the way to run a staffing agency.

Treat your employees with respect. Provide them with information, training, and a decent salary. If there is an issue with payroll or anything else, get it handled promptly and professionally. Take employee feedback seriously rather than acting offended. This is a workplace, act like professionals.

Friendly people that supported you.

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Olsa Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Quick to respond to questions.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Nothing to add.