Olympus Corporation of the Americas
www.olympusamerica.com Center Valley, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A fun ride, but it is coming to a close

Irving, TX

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas

Pros1) Great management at the Irving office.
2) Great teammates to work with.
3) The work is never the same.
4) You work for an industry leader.

Cons1) The staff in Irving TX is being laid off. I personally don't like it, but then again I don't run the company. At least they were up front and gave us sometime to find new jobs.
2) Some of the business decisions Olympus has made over the years don't make any sense from a business perspective.
3) Working remotely doesn't really offer you any opportunities for growth.
4) Benefits have pretty much tanked.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease allow more opportunities for growth and advance to the employees out side of the corporate office. Since I started, the benefits have gone nothing but down hill. There are no pensions for new employees, no more automatic 401K match, and mediocre health insurance. To attract good employees this will need to change especially for a company in the healthcare industry.

I was happy at Olympus. It's all in what you make of it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Center Valley, PA

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas

Pros: Most departments believed in their employees. Cons: Most managers were concerned about their own advancement. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees too. The new changes that are… More

Olympus once proud now going downhill

Accountant (Former Employee)
Center Valley, PA

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas

Pros: Close to home Made some new friends Cons: First HR is a joke: Complain and they tell you they will look into it. Try and find out what they did about it and… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the complaints that people put forward. They are not wasting time, they are having issues. How many complaints… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Worked for Olympus Corporation of the Americas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Olympus Corporation of the Americas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Olympus Corporation of the Americas CEO Karl Watanabe. All reviews posted anonymously by Olympus Corporation of the Americas employees.