There are newer employer reviews for Olympus

The best Part-Time job for students.

Former Employee - Technician in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)
Former Employee - Technician in Coimbra, Coimbra (Portugal)

I worked at Olympus part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice atmosphere, very flexible schedule, you get paid for each camera you repair so the more you do the more you get. With practice you can start getting a very nice amount of money in few working hours.

Cons

The company should be open after 5pm for students. Is difficult to find time to work between 8am and 5pm because of classes. And maybe also during weekends.

Lunch should be open to students also even if it would be paid.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Olympus (View Most Recent)

Challenging but rewarding and personally satisfying.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Olympus

Pros

Top of the range products and an industry with plenty of opportunities. I feel good about what I do as I am making a difference to people's wellbeing.

Cons

Growing so fast that sometimes the structure is not solid enough for us all to work towards a common goal but if that is what comes with growth, it is worth it!

You can be proud of the products you are providing for the patients, but not the company at all.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Olympus

Pros

You can do a great job to potentially save millions of patients. You will be appreciated by many people for the products you are involved in the deliver to them.

Cons

The company lacks of the concept of human resource as the strategic asset for them. So, you can't expect the company to reward you properly and help you improve your professional capabilities.

Redifine what the management means and what each of you have to do. Stop counting only on the products, and think about what you have to do as the management to gain the competency in the competitive market.

There are newer employer reviews for Olympus