Ombudsman Educational Services

www.ombudsman.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

The Worst Job of My Life !!!

Former Employee - Teacher
Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job was that I was able to see some students that wanted to drop out of school have a change of heart.

Cons

The pay sucks big time !!! Teachers are paid like daycare workers, not professionals. You don't get paid for your teaching experience or education level. Only at Ombudsman does a veteran teacher get paid the same as a first year teacher .... what an insult !!! In addition, anyone can get a management position. My operations manager had no clue what it took to be an administrator. I later found out that she only taught with the company for a couple of months before becoming a center director. Then, she was promoted again a few months later. Six months after that, she became an operations manager. There is no way that this would happen in a real school setting. How can someone be an administrator without certification or proper experience??? Well, anything goes at Ombudsman. ALL of my colleagues either quit, got fired or are praying that they find another job.

Advice to Management

Pay your teachers like real teachers. A veteran teacher with an Ed.S. should not get the same salary as a 1st year teacher, straight out of undergrad. Secondly, closely monitor your management. If teachers are dropping like flies, it's not just because of the students. Most likely, it is because they do not have supportive leadership. If you don't keep the teachers happy, your turnover rate will continue to rise. This is not good for business nor is it good for the students.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ombudsman Does what is best for the students!

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I believe in the Ombudsman mission! Ombudsman does what is best for kids. I like the staff I work with and enjoy working with the students as well. Being part of the leadership team I have learned many skills throughout the years that have made me a better support for the teachers.

Cons

Traveling to centers can be a challenge, but I knew it was part of the job.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the center staff, they are the true face of Ombudsman.

2. Ombudsman

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services

Pros

Nice people to work with, caring supervisors.

Cons

Low pay compared to public schools. No free benefits either.

Advice to Management

Please hire licensed professionals and pay them well enough to avoid turnover