Ombudsman Educational Services

www.ombudsman.com
  www.ombudsman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

The Worst Job of My Life !!!

Former Employee - Teacher
Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job was that I was able to see some students that wanted to drop out of school have a change of heart.

Cons

The pay sucks big time !!! Teachers are paid like daycare workers, not professionals. You don't get paid for your teaching experience or education level. Only at Ombudsman does a veteran teacher get paid the same as a first year teacher .... what an insult !!! In addition, anyone can get a management position. My operations manager had no clue what it took to be an administrator. I later found out that she only taught with the company for a couple of months before becoming a center director. Then, she was promoted again a few months later. Six months after that, she became an operations manager. There is no way that this would happen in a real school setting. How can someone be an administrator without certification or proper experience??? Well, anything goes at Ombudsman. ALL of my colleagues either quit, got fired or are praying that they find another job.

Pay your teachers like real teachers. A veteran teacher with an Ed.S. should not get the same salary as a 1st year teacher, straight out of undergrad. Secondly, closely monitor your management. If teachers are dropping like flies, it's not just because of the students. Most likely, it is because they do not have supportive leadership. If you don't keep the teachers happy, your turnover rate will continue to rise. This is not good for business nor is it good for the students.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services (View Most Recent)

Keep looking. Don't settle for less.

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to help children earn their high school diploma. Your center experience will depend on the leadership in that center. Finally got a bonus for length of service after 6 years!

Cons

Low pay. No annual or cost of living raises. Favoritism runs rampant in AZ Charter. Upper management says a lot of fluff but is not transparent. Investor profits over employee retention and quality education. It's all about the money! New employees are hired at a salary more than veteran staff. Throw your morals, ethics and values out the door when you start working here. We are a diploma mill!

Practice what you preach (Servant Leadership). Increase pay to obtain better employees. Hold employees accountable and get rid of under-performing employees. Corporate America = GREED!

A Great Balance

Current Employee - English Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - English Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working for Ombudsman. The other teachers and my boss were great to work with, a very tight-knit community, especially given that I mainly worked in a big center with all the teachers and students. They are very flexible when it comes to family issues and scheduling and their overall culture supports this.

Cons

The pay could be better. It can be quite a commute, given that many centers are in inner city neighborhoods, depends on the set-up of your city. The health benefits are pricey.

You need a library in each center.

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services