Ombudsman Educational Services

www.ombudsman.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

Center director was good to work for but corporate management was non-existent.

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services

Pros

Lessons are computer based making it efficient to teach several grades at the same session.

Cons

Lack of teacher computers made it difficult to complete work. Lack of privacy made it difficult to have confidential conversations with staff, students, and guardians.

Treat your teachers as if they matter.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services (View Most Recent)

The Worst Job of My Life !!!

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this job was that I was able to see some students that wanted to drop out of school have a change of heart.

Cons

The pay sucks big time !!! Teachers are paid like daycare workers, not professionals. You don't get paid for your teaching experience or education level. Only at Ombudsman does a veteran teacher get paid the same as a first year teacher .... what an insult !!! In addition, anyone can get a management position. My operations manager had no clue what it took to be an administrator. I later found out that she only taught with the company for a couple of months before becoming a center director. Then, she was promoted again a few months later. Six months after that, she became an operations manager. There is no way that this would happen in a real school setting. How can someone be an administrator without certification or proper experience??? Well, anything goes at Ombudsman. ALL of my colleagues either quit, got fired or are praying that they find another job.

Pay your teachers like real teachers. A veteran teacher with an Ed.S. should not get the same salary as a 1st year teacher, straight out of undergrad. Secondly, closely monitor your management. If teachers are dropping like flies, it's not just because of the students. Most likely, it is because they do not have supportive leadership. If you don't keep the teachers happy, your turnover rate will continue to rise. This is not good for business nor is it good for the students.

Great in Theory

Former Employee - Ombudsman Teacher in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Ombudsman Teacher in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services

Pros

Providing the needed academic assistance and modeling to at risk youth.

Cons

Dumping ground for students who negatively impacted overall public school rating. Lack of top cover to enforce policy. Lack of resources to properly instruct.

Listen to the needs of the instructors. Keep your word to instructors. Meetings should not be held just for the sake of having them and with no meeting item acted upon. Support the instructors as much as possible.

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services