Ombudsman Educational Services

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

rights violations

Former Employee - Director in Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Director in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

helping students one on one

Cons

improper ratios of minoroty groups and impoverished.
Seems like a dumping ground for districts to rid reg ed campuses of froblem students whom they can not meet their needs as required by law.'
There is far less oversight for OES to abide by the same laws as a school district.
Even when they do have SPED teachers it is so they know how to fill out the paperwork properly. They DO not provide all the services for SPED students as required by law.
Everything the other reviews said are true.
I have noticed how Georgia has opened a slew of new centers with LOTS of SPED teachers and security gaurds..Seri.ously should be checked out for disticts using these as a dumping ground.

Value your staff.
Abide by federal laws regarding civil rights.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services (View Most Recent)

Don't ruin your educational reputation by working here!

Former Employee - Teacher in Hinesville, GA
    Former Employee - Teacher in Hinesville, GA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to help students meet goals and stay in school. Great Opportunity to work one on one with students who close others out.

Cons

No support from upper management and shortage of much needed supplies.
    No up to date textbooks and little emphasis placed on testing.
    No pay increases or recognition for quality work. Time is spent dodging trivial write ups by inexperienced directors trying to cover their tracks and keep their jobs.
    Low achievers and special needs students are underestimated and overlooked.
    High turnover rate, because management selects people for the short term and later fires them.

Stop placing dollar signs on students and place the right people in the right positions.Just because an employee looks the part on paper iy does not mean that they are right for the position.

Lack of growth potential, low pay, no incentive for improvement

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Staff in the center worked very well together, chance to actually make a difference

Cons

Low pay, no raises for excellent work, no incentives

Paying your staff what they are worth would increase employee retention and improve the centers in general as you would get better staff in them. As a teacher, I am used to a pay increase every year. I don't necessarily agree with that in the school districts, but I am a firm believer in the idea that employees should be compensated for their hard work and success. Our center has had both yet we haven't received a raise increase for our efforts. It's disheartening and lends itself to a general feeling of apathy. Many centers have a high-level of employee turn-over and this could be a reason why. We've been asked what can be done to improve employee satisfaction. Really? I can't imagine that it is that difficult for those in charge to figure it out. Pay us what we are worth! If employees aren't performing, fine. But if they are going above and beyond the call, they should be rewarded for that.

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services