Ombudsman Educational Services

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services

rights violations

Former Employee - Director in Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Director in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

helping students one on one

Cons

improper ratios of minoroty groups and impoverished.
Seems like a dumping ground for districts to rid reg ed campuses of froblem students whom they can not meet their needs as required by law.'
There is far less oversight for OES to abide by the same laws as a school district.
Even when they do have SPED teachers it is so they know how to fill out the paperwork properly. They DO not provide all the services for SPED students as required by law.
Everything the other reviews said are true.
I have noticed how Georgia has opened a slew of new centers with LOTS of SPED teachers and security gaurds..Seri.ously should be checked out for disticts using these as a dumping ground.

Value your staff.
Abide by federal laws regarding civil rights.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services (View Most Recent)

Lack of growth potential, low pay, no incentive for improvement

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Staff in the center worked very well together, chance to actually make a difference

Cons

Low pay, no raises for excellent work, no incentives

Paying your staff what they are worth would increase employee retention and improve the centers in general as you would get better staff in them. As a teacher, I am used to a pay increase every year. I don't necessarily agree with that in the school districts, but I am a firm believer in the idea that employees should be compensated for their hard work and success. Our center has had both yet we haven't received a raise increase for our efforts. It's disheartening and lends itself to a general feeling of apathy. Many centers have a high-level of employee turn-over and this could be a reason why. We've been asked what can be done to improve employee satisfaction. Really? I can't imagine that it is that difficult for those in charge to figure it out. Pay us what we are worth! If employees aren't performing, fine. But if they are going above and beyond the call, they should be rewarded for that.

Only work here if you are desperate!

Current Employee - "teacher" In A Chicago Suburb in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - "teacher" In A Chicago Suburb in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ombudsman Educational Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Helping students who might otherwise drop out school.

Cons

This is what is says on their website.
    ESA respects all employees and makes a commitment to:
    · Provide them with the necessary tools needed for performance, success and advancement;
    · Provide compensation and benefits that enhance their quality of life;
    · Encourage creative expression in their chosen profession; and
    · Provide leadership while encouraging individual participation in the achievement of our company’s mission.
    None of this is true! You will receive no respect from upper management. You will need to beg for the tools you need to be successful. Your compensation will start very low and you will never get a raise. There has been one very small raise in the many years I’ve been here and it didn’t come close to the inflation rate, so your quality of life will go down more each year you work here. The only time you will be doing the work that matches your pay is when you are unplugging a toilet or shoveling snow (yes, you will need to do these things as well as clean the bathrooms). You will not be allowed much creative expression as the way you “teach” and how the curriculum is structured is all pre-packaged. You will not participate in any company decision as to how to achieve the mission. You will not be consulted and when you volunteer an idea you will be ignored.
    You are little more than a tutor and the only reason they hire certified teachers is so they can market that feature to school districts. Everything sounds good on paper, but it is all geared toward selling the program to districts. Since there is no leadership from upper management anyone in the Libertyville office can come up with a new thing for the centers to do and you are expect to get even more out of the students in the same three hours a day.
    Only take this job if you can’t find anything else.

Show some respect to your employees and compensate them like professionals or you will end up with the bottom of the barrel.

There are newer employer reviews for Ombudsman Educational Services