Omega Engineering
www.omega.com Stamford, CT 500 to 999 Employees

O.K. job, if that is all you want.

(Former Employee)
Bridgeport, NJ

ProsStraight 40 hours per week. Allowed to work at your own pace. Decent health benefits provided by the company if you are single.

ConsNo chance of career advancement. EXTREMELY restrictive use of paid vacation time; no time off in December, on a Monday or Friday. If the idea didn't come from the Hollander's it won't happen. No feedback on job performance until it's review time, or you are escorted from the premises.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop creating oppressive work rules. Increase 401k match to level of competeing firms. $1000 in 2010 is not the same as $1000 in 1984.

Hell on earth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Omega Engineering

Pros: The pay was good. It was easy to get hired (because they couldn't… Cons: Dehumanizing, depressing atmosphere. The stress level was very high. Dealing with upper management induced… Advice to Senior Management: The big brother always watching atmosphere is horrible. Treat your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to plant your feet.

Applications Engineer (Former Employee)
    Stamford, CT

I worked at Omega Engineering part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management in my department was excellent. There were never any issues… Cons: Raises were hard to come by in my early years… Advice to Senior Management: Working from home would be very convenient. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Omega Engineering.

Worked for Omega Engineering? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omega Engineering reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omega Engineering CEO James Dale. All reviews posted anonymously by Omega Engineering employees.