There are newer employer reviews for Omni Air

If you have a degree, run away and don't look back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

- College grads rise quickly (regardless of experience) and learn key responsibilities to excel in the aviation industry. - Flexible schedule to balance work and school.

Cons

- Expensive benefit package. - Pay is dramatically lower than industry average and not worth the daily stress of managing constant fligh delays. - HR disrespected interview process and denied positive attempts to negotiate a competitive salary ( > $30K) - Praise for achieving benchmarks doesn't contribute toward employee review. - I was shcked to find such a poor culture; extreme bias, harassment, and lack of overall professional conduct.

Advice to Management

Consider long term value of employees. Practicing similar practics of most LCC (low cost carrier) companies can be successful, but failing to manage internally doesn't contribute to growth in the aviation industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Omni Air

Furloughed after a month training and a month on the job.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in DFW, TX

Pros

You get to see and visit some incredible places

Cons

They made us buy uniforms outright and furloughed us after a month on the job with no warning. I waited one month for training, was in training for a month and then worked for a month. They took my ENTIRE last paycheck for paying for uniforms I could no longer wear. It was an awful experience. I would beware of any company who would do this to their employees. They offered no help to those of us furloughed and haven't contacted any of us to see if we've found work.

Advice to Management

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Omni Air International - Tulsa HQ: Uncommonly Wonderful Working Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

The senior staff seems to genuinely care for their employees. Fair and stable employment practices. Solid business practices ensure longevity. Plenty of growth opportunity. Down to earth executives. Great leadership. Amazing learning opportunity. A mid-market company engaging in large-market business. The range of practices and infrastructure combined with a limited staff make for an incredible learning opportunity. Stick around long enough and you're sure to get your hands into some very interesting stuff.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit more competitive (maybe it's just me). Benefits could be a bit more competitive (good coverage over-all).

Advice to Management

I'm no expert, but the limited resources thing (limited staffing) can become quite a grind at the bottom of the ladder. Also, be wary of some attitudes in mid-management. Everyone needs to be "on-the-team". Open disillusionment from some units may hurt "on-boarding" of other staff.