There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

The experience helped me grow professionally and personally.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Omni Hotels

Pros

They offer a great compensation package and decent training.

Cons

Some managers should be replaced for their lack of knowledge, management skills and communication skills.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, a bad experience

Former Employee - In-Room Dining Server in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - In-Room Dining Server in Asheville, NC

I worked at Omni Hotels

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling; good seasonal money.

Cons

I was passed over for promotion 3 times because I was viewed as someone who wanted to bring change to a department that badly needed a makeover. This is frowned upon by management. In the business world, the term is "over-qualified". Rather than rewarding those who bring fresh ideas to the table, Grove Park Inn does the opposite--continue with the status quo. Apparantly, my 15 years of room service experience was deemed a threat and certain managers were afraid of being up-staged by a smarter hourly employee. Ever heard that before in the business world?

Advice to Management

Management is out of touch with reality. The only time I ever heard from a manager was when something didn't go the way they wanted it to. On a day-to-day basis, employees are never told what great work that they do. Considering that all Grove Park departments are grossly under-staffed, this does not sit well with the vast majority of employees. I did the smart thing: I left. Craig Madison is a great guy, but he is completely out of touch as to what is going on throughout the hotel.

Its really a great place to work. I met all different types of people and the co workers are very friendl.

Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Omni Hotels

Pros

you can move up in the comany and also train for different positions after 6 mths of working there. The pay is GREAT. The average i made a week was about 650 on my paycheck and that didint include my cash tips! You just have to have an outgoing personality and provide excellent customer service.

Cons

The job does go by seniority so when you first start you will be at the bottom of the poll,which means you almost get all the shifts nobody wants and you will work every single holiday (unless u luck up) but the money is definitely worth it.

Advice to Management

Respect your co workers opinion. And also be as helpful as possible because sometimes it can get very stressful in the restaurant business; lend a helping hand!