Omni Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

Ok

Former Employee - Bartender in Paradise Valley, AZ
Former Employee - Bartender in Paradise Valley, AZ

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great evironment, great coworkers, I would go back and give them another chance. We set the bar high and were looking for a 5 star resort experience and it missed but not by much. I was with a high maintenance group though too. We think after being bought by the omni it has changed, integration problems maybe

Cons

Kind of bummed about this place.. Have always been a fan of here. The setting and scenery is absolutely stunning. Pool is great place to lay out, good food and drinks.

Nicer to employees

247 Other Employee Reviews for Omni Hotels (View Most Recent)

Human Resource Manager

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time

Pros

Omni Hotels is a great company. The growth of the company over the last year creates incredible opportunities for your personal advancement.

Cons

The benefit programs are a little pricey however the company does subside a portion of the cost to keep it affordable to associates.

Omni Hotels manager

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Omni is a financially sound company with lots of opportunity for growth and relocation. It is very structured, forms and SOP's for most situations. They offer extensive training for guest-facing positions such as Spa employees, food and beverage and front desk. Employees at various hotels will often help you solve problems or give guidance. Company is small enough so that everyone knows you whether it's corporate or a hotel. Omni requires annual performance reviews and raises and its expectations and rules are clear.

Cons

Unrealistic corporate expectations and deadlines. Policies and procedures aren't always well thought out before being implemented. Poor technical training for managers, most just have to figure it on their own. Poor health plan benefits. Pay tends to be lower than competitors. Managers are expected to work long hours, holidays & weekends resulting in poor work-life balance. Omni culture talks about valuing employees but they don't put this into practice. Very low employee retention at lower and middle levels.

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels