There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

Omni is a great company to work for that is aggressively growing at a rapid pace.

Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Omni culture is one of the most important reasons for working for company. They truly understand the importance of a balanced work / personal life.

Cons

Currently Omni only has about 52 properties through out the US and Mexico. This can limit the choices for relocation with in the company.

The benefits that Omni offers are pretty good. Omni emphasizes on continual training which is beneficial for all Associates.

reviews filtered by

Do your homework, ask a lot of questions.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you don't like to think there is an SOP for EVERYTHING. And, it appears that it is almost impossible to get fired from this company.

Cons

Company settles for mediocrity with employee performance. Huge focus on promote from within and no turnover keeps C players in the company. Employee morale is atrocious and the corporate office compounds this instead of being a support to the hotels. If you are intelligent and an entrepreneur you will not advance in this company. And don't ever make the mistake of speaking up.

Get in tune with what is going on in the hotels. Get out in the field and talk to employees. Take a look at work/office conditions. Corporate office should be a support system for the hotels, not a governing body. Remember who's making the money...

2. Good money if you can handle the popularity contest

Former Employee - Food and Bev Sale and Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Food and Bev Sale and Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I made good money working on an Omni golf course. My co-workers were great. A lot of autonomy in my day to day responsibilities. I enjoyed working outside and had great, regular customers.

Cons

Management was the worst I have ever worked for. It felt like a popularity contest every day at work. Even if you worked harder than everyone else, the favorite individuals would still get all the good shifts. They worked you very hard and had little consideration for time requested off etc.

My management team was disorganized and disconnected from the regular restaurant. No reward given for putting in extra effort.

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels