Omni Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

Family oriented

Current Employee - Director of Rooms in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Director of Rooms in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everyday is a new positive experience. You are immediately received as family. While days can be hectic I can always find support in other team members.

Cons

None really ~ I've been with Omni 25 years and succeeded in ways I never thought possible.

Stop, look & listen to everyone.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Omni Hotels (View Most Recent)

Great stepping-stone

Former Employee - Bellman in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Bellman in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment was nice. Of course, all things depend on your supervisors and managers, but as long as you obey and do what you're told - things usually go well. I was on the bell staff and enjoyed talking with guests, helping with their luggage, and parking their cars. Tips were typically good, and hourly wage was good too - although I left right before they lowered the hourly.

Cons

Sometimes, the hours were hectic, early mornings or late nights were your only options. I think that is part of the business though. I worked closely with the managers who were payed a salary and worked their butts off with usually at least 50 hours a week but, of course, they didn't get over time. At some points, if I was getting good tips, I would be making more than the managers.

HIgher pay equals higher moral. Higher moral equals greater company loyalty.

So glad to be back 'Home' with Omni Hotels & Resorts!

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Amelia Island, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Amelia Island, FL

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Family feeling and committed to 'growing its garden' of talent from within. Excellent internal talent development programs for college grads as well as high-potential associates and managers within the Company. Debt-free, owned and operated business model provides stability even during tough economic times. Ownership is committed to reinvestment into the Company with robust annual capital plans across the portfolio and strategic development/acquisitions of high-quality assets in key markets.

Cons

Can be difficult to get into (or back into) the organization in property EC positions due to internal promotions and salary restrictions. Technology infrastructure could be improved to enhance productivity.

Be careful to keep the Trilogy (Associate, Guest, Owner) in balance and not tip too far in favor of Owner (profitability) in short-term situations. Given the success of the Company, consider strengthening the retirement savings benefits with more generous 401(k) matching contributions.

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels