Omni Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels

Culture of Excellence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a great, quirky, fun, close knit community of professionals dedicated to the customer experience. The leadership here starts with the empowerment of the individual and feels transparent all the way to the top. Great place for hard work to get recognized, rewarded and promoted. Not your typical "Corporate Culture". Omni leadership does a great job connecting to the staff and making each person feel accountable and recognized.

Cons

A lot going on all the time with lean resources which makes for a heavy workload. You should never get bored or run out of things to do. Compensation and benefits could be stronger to assure retaining top talent.

Continue to embrace the philosophy of developing, promoting and retaining talented individuals. Your people are what make your brand of service compelling.

247 Other Employee Reviews for Omni Hotels (View Most Recent)

Power of One

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Rancho Mirage, CA
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Rancho Mirage, CA

I have been working at Omni Hotels part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite part of working for Omni so far is that they have started updating our spa which is long overdue. The quality of our staff surpasses the quality of our spa tenfold!
    I also really appreciate their values as a company; effective and easy for me to stand by because I believe in them.

Cons

They are a large company and there is a long chain of command that any request goes through for approval (i.e. for improvements, addressing technical difficulties, for time off, or even just getting notified of any changes). They take a while.
    The treatment rooms are dated and have no decor. Carpet, drapes, linen (throws), cabinets - nothing matches.
    There is no break room and everyone gathers by the computer, which doesn't work because it's a spa and it needs to be quiet.
    When we clock-in it's still a quarter mile from the spa, which is extremely inconvenient for parking and clocking out for a 30-min lunch.
    Lastly, the parking lot; no one can see the original lines painted for the spots and therefore valuable parking spaces are lost because everyone is just guessing where the lines are. A simple repainting would do the trick!!!

Take some of the steps to allow in-house management to have a little more leverage. It feels like a bureaucratic process to get approval on the simplest of things.

Bad,Politics Sex Omni Corpus Christi TX

Former Employee - Lost Prevention in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Lost Prevention in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Omni Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only Pro, i was able to escort celebrities.

Cons

HR was a joke. pay was ok but then as a lost prevention graveyard shift they wanted you do house keeping and repairs.. if you wanted move up you open your legs or drop your pants.

Be fair to every one and stop playing favorites

There are newer employer reviews for Omni Hotels