There are newer employer reviews for OmniTI

Experts at all they do, and a delight to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at OmniTI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Expertise in every field. The company is composed of people who are at the head of their various fields. I learned something every day I worked there.

Cons

I don't have any cons to list. I left only because I got a better offer. I have no complaints about my time there.

6 Other Employee Reviews for OmniTI (View Most Recent)

Good place to sharpen skills

Former Employee - Web Engineer  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Web Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at OmniTI

Pros

Although most of time is spent doing grunt software work on content management for sites, there is also good opportunity or personal development on othe projects if one shows the initiative and interest.

Cons

can get quite commercial, boring, and seem like remedial software work, requiring little brain power but lots of time, some times even overtime (without pay ofcourse)

offer salary raises, or hire more people to cut down on workload on employees

A good place for the right person, but painful for some

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at OmniTI

Pros

If you fit within the corporate culture, which is one where action and initiative is prized, you will do well at OmniTI. You will be granted a large allowance to exercise your own judgement.

Cons

The downside to the corporate culture is an occasional lack of accountability and the shoot from the hip style means those more interested in planning or careful consideration might not be satisified.

There's a definite sense of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" there, much at client insistence. Those that seem to have a hard time understanding that sometimes pigs look good in lipstick will have a hard time.

Those with less initiative or experience might feel like they are lacking guidance by the uneven management.

Management does a fairly good job at hiring people that will fit well in the environment and is willing to accomodate those who get noisy about their complaints if another position can be found, though sometimes the hints have to be pretty persistent. With the other branch, there is now an outlet for those that do things in a different way, so they seem to be doing well.

There are newer employer reviews for OmniTI

Worked for OmniTI? Contribute to the Community!