OmniVision Technologies
www.ovt.com Santa Clara, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Omnivision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at OmniVision Technologies

ProsInteresting technology. A leader in their business, although Samsung and Aptina are close behind. Sell to multiple markets for good diversification.

ConsC-level execs retain mediocre managers and directors, who then squeeze every last bit of time and blood out of the staff. Taking time off earns a "not committed to the company" reputation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating workers like robots. Start promoting people who can successfully manage a team, not the people who have been there 15 years.

Good

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at OmniVision Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good environment, family-like company. Nice people Cons: Development process is not standardized Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

mid-size that functions like a start-up

I have been working at OmniVision Technologies

Pros: flat structure allows for rich environment for learning, constant exposure… Cons: overly frugal, office politics, management doesn't really work together, have to work ridiculously hard to… Advice to Senior Management: work together! :) No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OmniVision Technologies.

Worked for OmniVision Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OmniVision Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for OmniVision Technologies CEO Shaw Hong. All reviews posted anonymously by OmniVision Technologies employees.