Omnicare

www.omnicare.com
  www.omnicare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Omnicare

Over worked and under paid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

The benefits are good and the friends you make while you work there.

Cons

- Working 60+hrs of overtime
- getting promotions but no extra pay
- management is a joke - When asked about pay for promotions the reply was "we can not award good work with pay"
- When leaving there the management treats you awful and you basically have to beg and harass for anything
- management cares nothing about employess only their customers
- 2% yearly raise

Get it together before you lose all your good employees, people do have families and a life outside of work. And when you promote people and give them more work they deserve a raise more than 2%!!!

192 Other Employee Reviews for Omnicare (View Most Recent)

The worst place I ever worked

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

Some of the coworkers are great as people and professionals. Will train you to different areas of work that they can use you at anytime.

Cons

The management sucks. They never check in the dictionary what " nepotism" means

Please step down and allow someone to lead the pharmacy in the right way. You will lose all nursing homes in the next 2-3 years.

everyday struggle in the order entry department

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Stafford, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Stafford, TX

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

- working on the pharmacy floor was very easy--it consisted of mainly labeling meds or packing pills in blister packs.
    - a little more than half the people that i worked with were very welcoming, understanding, and helpful.
    - pharmacy tech manager was very understanding and made me feel comfortable as a new employee.
    - upper management was very nice, although it might have been due to the fact that they were new too.
    - starting pay was way more than what i expected, so i was very satisfied with my pay.

Cons

- pharmacy manager and director were both on their 3 month probation period, and most of the other pharmacy technicians were temps. this made me wonder how stable this company is.
    - a lot of the temps got laid off and then asked to come back again--another reason why i questioned the stability of the company.
    - the system being used in the order entry department was somewhat complex, and i honestly feel that i did not get proper training on this. this was my biggest issue and actually the reason why i quit. it was an everyday struggle trying to get through the day with this order entry system. i asked numerous times for some help and explanation with certain problems that i was having with the system, and the general response i received was, "oh it will just take a while to get". i completely understand that, however responses like that were not relieving nor helpful.. most of the staff was great, don't get me wrong, but being great isn't the same as being helpful. IF i did get any hands on help, it went something like this: "ok what you do is push this button, then this button, then this, then this and this and this"...you get the idea. you can tell me what to push but without explanation, those directions are meaningless.

in all, the order entry system is not impossible to figure out, it just might take some time. so if you're planning on applying or even just starting to work here in the order entry department, just be prepared for such things as what i stated above.

work on proper training with the order entry system.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnicare