Omnicare
www.omnicare.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

The company as a whole is a great business, but the management doesn't seem to follow the values of the company

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorking there, you know you are making a difference in the lives of people who depend on you. The company as a whole has great core values that make you feel good about what you do each day.

ConsPay rate is WAY below other companies. ($2-$4 per hour). Working there feels a lot like being in high school again. It is definitely a popularity contest with the management. They do not base raises or promotions on seniority or skill, but on favorites. That is very discouraging to the employees, causes a lot of conflict among co-workers, and makes people who work hard feel very under-appreciated. During the last yearly review and raises, every person was given a 2% raise. So, the people that have little to no productivity got the same 'reward' as the people who have the highest productivity. Again, this makes employees feel under-appreciated, and makes people feel like they don't need to try hard or take pride in their work because they will get paid the same either way.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in your company and really understand the importance of what we do. We are providing medication to people who cannot take care of themselves. This is a business, not high school. Appreciate the people who work hard and do a good job, and reward people for doing a good job, not just for being your friend.

Fishy, fishy, fishy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Decatur, IL

I worked at Omnicare full-time

Pros: It was the easiest company ever to walk away from. There… Cons: First of all, what's going on with the reviews? All of the negative ones are LOCKED by this website and the only one you… Advice to Senior Management: Corporate culture is shaped from the top down. If you don't act with integrity and professionalism, you are insane for believing that your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Really good company to work for.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Omnicare full-time for more than a year

Pros: Management doesn't micromanage. Opportunities for advancement. Upper management is involved… Cons: Pay could be higher. Reviews are a little strict. Sometimes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Omnicare.

Worked for Omnicare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omnicare CEO John L. Workman. All reviews posted anonymously by Omnicare employees.