There are newer employer reviews for Omnicare

Great place to start a career in Pharmaceuticals, but not a place to build your career.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

Immediate managers are extremely easy to get along with. They worked with my schedule, even when it was very late notice. They also allow you to work all the hours you'd like to work - overtime included.

There were also some great relationships you could build in the tight environment.

Cons

The Senior Management seemed clueless as to good Employee management, and never tried to build any sort of relationship. It wasn't that large of a branch, and the senior management seemed very distant. It was definitely a "we are the worker bees, and you just check the hive every once in a while" type relationship. Now immediate management - like department managers - were incredible.

Also, the environment was not always 'professional'. Some people might look at that as a plus... but I thought sometimes the people could have used a dose of professionalism in their work.

Try to stimulate professionalism, and recognize your leaders. The people I worked with were very loyal and hard workers, but never really had a hope for advancement due to lack of leadership from the branch management.

If there was a way to provide incentive for employees within Omnicare, I really believe that the company would be better off to implement that immediately.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Omnicare (View Most Recent)

Prepare to be under-compensated and worked into the ground!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Florissant, MO

I worked at Omnicare

Pros

- Often flexible with shift scheduling
    - $20 holiday bonus (whoo hoo!)
    - A pen as a gift if you've worked there 5 years
    - There honestly isn't a lot of pros, but it's a job

Cons

- Severely underpay their pharmacists and technicians
    - Depending on who you know, some get away with murder
    - Very little opportunity for growth
    - You may or may not get your yearly review/possible 0-2% raise within 6 months after it's due
    - They will work you into the ground if you allow them
    - They hire a lot of teenagers/high school students, which can sometimes be a pain

I wish they would take their employees' feedback seriously. It doesn't matter if you're a high school dropout that's worked there for 20 years or a highly educated pharmacist who has just passed their board exam, it's all about the money. They have a serious lack of regard for their employees.

it is good for limited time work

Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Tech in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Omnicare

Pros

clean, ok pay, easy work, normal hours, no customer issues

Cons

bad management, no voice, no growth, no time off, no respect of views, no student programs.

pay attention

There are newer employer reviews for Omnicare

Worked for Omnicare? Contribute to the Community!