Omnicell
www.omnicell.com Mountain View, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A decent job with decent people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAll the engineers are helpful in getting people on board. The company is value based, so people who contribute the most value are the most recognized.

ConsThe technology stack is very old, and it is also a Microsoft shop. Getting things done in legacy code is usually slow and error-prone because of the age and size of the code base.

Advice to Senior ManagementI honestly do not know what you can do. I understand that Omnicell needs to consistently add value to the customer, but engineers are not happy with the current code base. The problems the engineers solve (in my opinion) are not that exciting and it seems like we are losing out in top engineering hires.

Good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Omnicell full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Decent salary and decent benefits. Cons: Not much opportunities for advancement Advice to Senior Management: Pls focus more on employee career path Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Seems to be a filler position for most until the next best thing comes along. Little growth.

I have been working at Omnicell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Compensation is reasonable and depending on your manager, there could be a great work-life balance. You have to be in… Cons: If you don't have a management title, although the experience and knowledge is there, you may not be heard of or taken seriously. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what your employees are buzzing about. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Omnicell.

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Omnicell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Omnicell CEO Randall A. Lipps. All reviews posted anonymously by Omnicell employees.