Omnicell

www.omnicell.com

A decent job with decent people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

All the engineers are helpful in getting people on board. The company is value based, so people who contribute the most value are the most recognized.

Cons

The technology stack is very old, and it is also a Microsoft shop. Getting things done in legacy code is usually slow and error-prone because of the age and size of the code base.

I honestly do not know what you can do. I understand that Omnicell needs to consistently add value to the customer, but engineers are not happy with the current code base. The problems the engineers solve (in my opinion) are not that exciting and it seems like we are losing out in top engineering hires.

Other reviews for Omnicell

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Decent salary and decent benefits.

Cons

Not much opportunities for advancement

Pls focus more on employee career path

Seems to be a filler position for most until the next best thing comes along. Little growth.

Pros

Compensation is reasonable and depending on your manager, there could be a great work-life balance. You have to be in control of it though. Very laid-back office environment. I would recommend this job to a friend but with some warnings.

Cons

If you don't have a management title, although the experience and knowledge is there, you may not be heard of or taken seriously. The company does a reorg almost every year and the turnover rate seems to stay in the double digits year after year. I've been here for several years, I don't feel safe in the stability of my position because of this. Not sure if the company is focused on their direction.

Pay attention to what your employees are buzzing about.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell.

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!