Omnicell

www.omnicell.com
  www.omnicell.com
There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell

Great People, Nice Environment!

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell

Pros

The people are professional, friendly and good at what they do.

Great location - right near Google, public transportation, free street parking, adjacent to walking/cycling trails.

Good junior level oppportunities to get into company, develop additional skills and grow.

Cons

Benefits are not as competitive as they were, and in relation to others in the industry.

Too political in terms of work relationships.

Enhance the benefit package to meet competitor's levels.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Omnicell (View Most Recent)

Really good place to work if you are flexible, have initiative, and want to give 100%.

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell

Pros

I believe the people that work here are extremely talented. They believe in the product and that really shows. The company is managed well from a financial perspective. We have really good benefits. We believe in customer service and that is not just lip-service.

Cons

There seems to be a shift to more of a political environment and I think that is due to the management style of a few people at the higher level. Too much finger pointing right now.

The sales group think they are above everyone else but I guess you could say it is like that in most sales focused companies.

1. Hold people accountable no matter what their title.
    2. When someone is complaining, tell them to stop complaining and offer solutions. No more finger pointing.
    3. If you want to know what is really going on, talk to the people that are close to the action.

Changes

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Omnicell

Pros

Great customer base. Omnicell used to have a great staff and good middle management, unfortuntely most if not all those people have moved on either by their own choice and were forced out.

Cons

Extremely poor operations management. Dyfuntional management from company headquarters, company seems to lack any long term vision about it's staff. VP operations lived by this phrase regarding the operations staff. "Hire fast, fire faster." Not a good way to attract people of quality and it shows. I doubt upper management know or cares about how company is run, all they seemed to care about was what The Street thought of the company. Internally employee base ridicules customer base. They do not take customers suggestion seriously and out right ingore operations/install staff.

Sad because years ago when I joined Omnicell it was a great place to work and the best work expereince I had. It ended as one of the worst. I would not go back to work there without a large salary increase and a change in operations management and additude.

It's time to make some whole changes in upper management in the operations division. Spend some time doing some research into field operations and make wholesale changes where needed. That dividion is THE face of your company and right now it's the face of discontent. No one I worked with was happy with the way things were going.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell