There are newer employer reviews for Omnitec Solutions

Pay is Good, But Poor Employee Relations

I have been working at Omnitec Solutions

Pros

Salaries are higher than average. Decent job if you like the federal contracting system and are willing to put up with the nonsense. Management treats employees to meals once a quarter.

Cons

This is an 8a company with all the economic distortions that go with that. As an employee with these contractor outfits, you are basically receiving a federal subsidy to Corporate America. Skill and knowledge does not matter so much as getting the manager to like you and building political capital. The web site says that people are the product of the company, but the reality is the company does little to develop employees once hired. Tuition reimbursement is practically impossible to justify - you are expected to pay for your own education and personal development. The performance reviews are perfunctory.

Read the cons and take it to heart. It's not about you. Start caring for the employees and not just focusing on renewing the contract.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Omnitec Solutions (View Most Recent)

Hard to find a better place to work

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Omnitec Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It all starts at the top. The owner's primary philosophy is "Hire smart people who know how to do their job, then stay the hell out of their way." That's a direct quote. Some of the brightest software guys (and gals) I've ever met work here. There is an excellent technical support environment for those who care to take advantage of it. If you don't know, ask; someone there has the answer. Sometimes a quick consult with a peer over IM chat or a Google Hangout is all it takes to get a fresh perspective or the answer to a technical challenge I'm facing. It's an excellent place for technical and professional growth; lots of opportunity for independent thinkers. All in all, this is the best job I've ever had, and I've been here over 10 years. My software development career spans over 35 years.

Cons

The company is spread out across the country over multiple locations and there are many people I've never met. That means there are resources I can't tap because I'm not aware of them. Cross-site communication could be better. If you're just looking for a place to get promoted, this is likely not the company for you. In a 200-ish employee company, the hierarchy is not deep, so if ladder-climbing is your thing you may want to look elsewhere.

I saw another review mention a lack of corporate events. There used to be more of them when the company was younger and smaller. I miss those. It's also the best way to meet and get to know some of our folks in the area who are not at our particular site.

Horrible company

Former Employee - Desktop Support  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Omnitec Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

no interviews or background checks weekly pay

Cons

Favoritism, low pay, no benefits no opportunity work hard or no hours if you are not the favorite they will not schedule you at all.

please award those who work hard not those you favorite and up the pay please.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnitec Solutions

Worked for Omnitec Solutions? Contribute to the Community!