Omnitec Solutions

One of the Greatest Companies I've Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Conference Manager/Program Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Conference Manager/Program Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Omnitec Solutions

Pros

The owner is a great guy with integrity, character and a genuine concern for his employees.
There is room to grow.
The owner fully supports your professional development.
They have a great company morale.

Cons

In my two years of working with this company, I honestly didn't have any downsides.

Continue to treat your employees with respect and they will continue to be loyal to Omnitec. A lot of companies can learn from you all. You've created a great place to work.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Omnitec Solutions (View Most Recent)

Pay is Good, But Poor Employee Relations

I have been working at Omnitec Solutions

Pros

Salaries are higher than average. Decent job if you like the federal contracting system and are willing to put up with the nonsense. Management treats employees to meals once a quarter.

Cons

This is an 8a company with all the economic distortions that go with that. As an employee with these contractor outfits, you are basically receiving a federal subsidy to Corporate America. Skill and knowledge does not matter so much as getting the manager to like you and building political capital. The web site says that people are the product of the company, but the reality is the company does little to develop employees once hired. Tuition reimbursement is practically impossible to justify - you are expected to pay for your own education and personal development. The performance reviews are perfunctory.

Read the cons and take it to heart. It's not about you. Start caring for the employees and not just focusing on renewing the contract.

8a Government Contractor

I worked at Omnitec Solutions (more than an year)

Pros

This company pays above average salaries. Because it is a minority set-aside firm, it tends to get more of the "higher-hanging fruit," all other factors being equal. When I was employed by OMNITEC, an opportunity came along to receive the next level up in the security clearance ladder, which enhanced my career.

Cons

The company doesn't pay a lot of attention to you once you are on-site, so you are at the mercy of the government customers you work for. If you happen to wind up working for a lazy lifer, then work life can be a downer.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnitec Solutions