Omniture

What a company!

Current Employee - Client Care in Orem, UT
Current Employee - Client Care in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

It's a well-known and well-respected company. We play hard and we work hard. The management here is excellent. They get things done. Compared to other jobs I have, I've never seen things taken more seriously and worked on so pro actively. They also take into consideration enhancements that would make your job easier and better. And after taking into consideration those concerns and requests, they actually do them.

Omniture also plays hard. Appreciation is shown through rewards and activities. The parties are well thought out and lots of fun.

Also, Omniture contributes to the community and other organizations. They are known to be generous and looked at as a coveted place to work in the community, especially among the local college students.

Cons

As with every software company, there are bugs. Getting past those bugs and having to deal with frustrated clients can be a chore. Although many are resolved rather quickly, there are many that take time to fix. Because of the nature of the software, these drawn-out bugs can have a huge impact on customer satisfaction and retention.

To do more testing before releases and to speed up the bug-fixing process. Also, to pay a bit more for technical support because we do most of the client-facing issues and keep Omniture alive.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Omniture (View Most Recent)

Omniture - I am "Bleeding Green" and lovin' it!!!!!

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

Wonderful work environment! The motto at Omniture is "Mean People Suck" and they are not kidding. Everyone here has been very warm and welcoming to me. Omniture provides a very competitive pay and bonus structure to potential hires. Additionally, the experience and knowledge you receive through our onsite Omniture University gives a young professional an edge in web analytics experience. Web Analytics is a relatively new and growing area of professionals. Through your experience here, your acquired knowledge becomes a very valuable and sought after asset of most every company in the world.
    Regarding work/life balance, Omniture is superior to any other company I have heard of. In addition to the hiring bonus (options), Omniture gives a $1,000 baby bonus along with 2 weeks paid paternal leave. If you adopt a child, Omniture pays a bonus of $4,000 per child. There is a $1,000 bonus both for those employees that refer a friend that gets hired and for those employees that purchase a hybrid vehicle. Taking time off is never a problem too. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and the fact that I will be out of the office on a honeymoon for 10 days has never been addressed as an issue.

Omniture is an excellent place to work! If a person wants to rapidly increase his knowledge about web analytics/online marketing, this would be the ideal place to work.

Cons

Unique to Omniture (as opposed to many other large, growing companies) is the fact that our headquarters is located a bit off the beaten track - Orem, UT. Orem is a great city, but I wish we were headquartered in a larger city like San Francisco - where I, as a Business Consultant, would be in closer touch to my clients.
    With Omniture's rapid growth over the past few years (fastest growing software technology company on the stock exchange), there has been both organic and acquisition-based growth. At times, I feel like a little fish in the ever-expanding Omniture pond. Even though, it is wonderful to see how well we are doing and how far we are expanding our reach.

Senior Management has been ideal in getting giving new hires the opportunity to mingle and meet them. But since I have worked here, the senior manager over me has not once greeted me or welcomed me to the team. I have worked here for nearly four months and I do understand how very busy this person is, but it would be nice to know that he recognizes my role here at Omniture.

Also, I think we have grown out of our current location. If I were them, I would look into ways of perhaps moving to a different location or building a completely new Omniture campus. Most likely, this has been discussed by them but I am just now aware of everything that goes into decisions like these or what decisions are currently being explored.

One last bit of humorous advice - everyday, I walk by the reserved parking for the senior executives and I must say that they need to get a little more creative in their luxury car purchases. Of course, I am kidding about this but it is funny how many of them tend to buy the same/very similiar vehicles. :)

Omniture - truly nice people

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Omniture

Pros

Led by a very forward thinking executive team, Omniture is leading the drive in online optimization. It's fun to be part of a team that's growing the business, yet part of company that is really focused on family. The company is also just filled with "nice people" -- i know that's a cliche, but it's really true. I also like being part of a company that's thought leadership in online analytics.

Cons

Omniture has grown really fast in the past 2 years and I think there hasn't been a real growth in career path definition for all roles. HR is doing its best, but I think remote employees need a bit more connection to the "home office".

Continue to be aggressive in pursuing rational acquisitions, but don't forget to reward the teams that are building the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Omniture