On-Ramp Wireless

www.onrampwireless.com

A long slow slog

Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIt recently has appeared the company won't fail anytime soon. They got their first small/mid sized contract, so hopefully the investors will continue to put money into the company.

ConsHow do you feel working for a company that has high turnover? Some of it is voluntary, but much of it is constant layoffs followed by hiring new people. About two or three times a year for the last several years they have had company wide layoffs. Each one can be as few as 3 people or as many as 20 (in a company size of 90). They are seemingly semi-random in who they hit and it always happens just before an all hands meeting. The sales group is perpetually a revolving door, but engineering makes up the bulk of the company and therefore the layoffs. If your a sales person considering working for this company I would do some serious research first.

Being a late stage startup (8 yrs old) its chances of being bought (every startups big hope) becomes slimmer every month. If they survive I suspect this company will have to do it the old fashioned way: slowly build up a customer base and wireless infrastructure network over time and slowly become revenue positive. That is not a good outlook for your stock options.

Advice to Senior ManagementReading the reviews here I think its all been said before.

A tragic tale of incompetence, miss-management, & leadership

I have been working at On-Ramp Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Technology works, their is a real need for this product in… Cons: inability of Senior Executives to execute a plan. They are very good at raising money and spending it, but cannot… Advice to Senior Management: worry less about internal politics, and deliver what the investors want,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Catty politics; horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at On-Ramp Wireless as a contractor

Pros: Great for recent grads who cannot obtain any other job.… Cons: Horrible, horrible, horrible management. Managers speak down to employees and… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to be a real manager. It is not okay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on On-Ramp Wireless.

Worked for On-Ramp Wireless? Contribute to the Community!