There are newer employer reviews for On-Site.com

Growing and solid software company open to new ideas

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com

Pros

Relaxed work environment in a nice area in Silicon Valley. Management team is approachable and competent, products are popular and they are growing very fast. Salaries are good.

Cons

No ability for customer service staff to work from home. Communication from management could be better. More education and ongoing training would be nice.

Advice to Management

Develop regular communication with all employees about "big picture" plans. Plan more company events for employees beyond the summer BBQ and holiday party.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Loving the culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com

Pros

On-Site is so totally a fun place to work. Everyone is super energized and I bet I know why. The perks!!! They have a fun committee that plans events and brings in free food and drinks for everyone all the time. In the last couple months they've been awesome. They brought in beer and stashed it all around the office on St. Paddy's Day, they bought a Wii U for everyone to play on breaks, there's a free food truck at least once a month, sometimes there are electric guitars in the media room you can jam on, there was a pizza party last week, they brought in surprise ice cream sandwiches from Cream... I could go on and on. The best part is they don't make a big deal about it, and the company treats you like it's the least you deserve for working so hard. The best part is when I work with our clients we treat them the same way and they love us for it. The products are revolutionary, the product managers are friendly and love to answer all of your questions. This place is not overly siloed and you can pretty much talk to who you want, learn what you want, and do what your passionate about. This is how all business environments should be.

Cons

The onboarding training was unusual. There is music from Disney movies playing in the background at all times, even when the trainer is presenting. There are references to Disney peppered throughout the training. The trainer frequently mentioned Disneyland's culture of excellence and how On-Site wants to replicate it. Looking back, this is really weird because On-Site has its own fun culture that has nothing to do with Disney, but the trainer kept lighting up whenever she mentioned Disneyland. I thought maybe she was a former park employee, but linkedin said no.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe get your trainer a job at Disneyland so she can be happy

Unique Experience

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's fun to feel like part of something big. The company keeps growing and adding people and new products all the time. It makes me think this is what facebook or google were like at the beginning. If you can make it through the first 90 days they are flexible on hours. If you have an emergency or you need to pick up your kids during the day the managers are understanding. People sometimes are allowed to work from home. The president and CEO intimidated me until I actually talked to them. They are super smart and helpful and all around nice. They actually like it when you approach them. The open door policy is real, and it makes a huge difference from other places I've worked. I've never felt more welcome or at home at an office as I do here.

Cons

Small nit to pick. Sometimes you need to work around certain people to get stuff done. Don't get me wrong. I love my coworkers. It's just I think there needs to be more accountability with some folks.

Advice to Management

Hire a few male supervisors (it's 100% women right now) and invest more in management training. Create a real manager in training program and I bet the complaints about inexperienced managers will go away. I see it happening, just not fast enough