OnTrac

Terrible dead-end job.

PM Sorter (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsDecent first job.
Not terrible pay.
Ability to get forklift certified.
Few good managers.
Occasional worker appreciation

Cons7-7.5 hour days with no breaks not even a mandatory 15.
Unqualified management who promotes new employees with absolutely no experience to lead positions. No opportunities for advancement as an employee of 2 years I never once got a raise and I showed up on time every day never missed a day and exceeded the ridiculous expectations they had for completing the job. The rest of their sorters are disrespectful kids fresh out of high school who constantly start fights and argue with each other and have no aspirations of moving up or getting the job done. I have never seen the place go more than 10 days without an accident because of the incredible amount of packages that are pushed through non stop making the workers lift wrong or put them in dangerous situations. Also seen dozens of forklift accidents because of unqualified drivers who do not even have a license to drive a car. Needless to say this place needs a lot of work in order to function properly because many days their trucks leave late or leave many packages behind.
During holiday months the amount of work nearly triples and they give less time to complete the daily sort meaning lower morale for the workers and more chances to get hurt especially when the belt systems constantly fail and the sorters have to move everything by hand.
Workers get blamed for all problems including trucks showing up late and belt systems going offline. The place certainly needs a change in management or at least a random OSHA inspection.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy workers who are willing to do the job.
Hire competent management who has experience with warehouse work.
Give breaks to employees.
Hire less temp employees and more direct hire employees.

OnTrac needs a serious management overhaul.

Operations Assistant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OnTrac full-time for more than a year

Pros: The only pros is the hope that the very few well-deserved management personnel… Cons: Almost 1 month to process in to a job. Management that are not qualified to supervise. Very low pay and thankless attitudes. Huge… Advice to Senior Management: Placing an unskilled person into Management due to needing a person just to fill an open position inevitably tears down departments. A… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Thankless efforts

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at OnTrac full-time

Pros: The potential for growth in the company is tremendous. With the growing number… Cons: Where there once was a feeling of family, friendship and trust, it seems to be lost with the growth… Advice to Senior Management: Be loyal to those whom are loyal to you. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on OnTrac.

Worked for OnTrac? Contribute to the Community!