There are newer employer reviews for One Block Off the Grid

Amazing company, great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Block Off the Grid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere, great team, and a very promising future. Lots of opportunity for advancement and bonuses. Friendly competition but lots of support.

Cons

Sometimes we run out of bathroom soap? (But just started a regular Costco order so should be all set!)

5 Other Employee Reviews for One Block Off the Grid (View Most Recent)

Big disappointment

Current Employee - Solar Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Solar Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Block Off the Grid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling allowed me to attend to personal matters. Benefits were full coverage. There are free snacks. Product is exciting and neat to work on.

Cons

Organization structure is confusing and muddled. Opportunities for advancement are very limited; decision-making process for these opportunities is confusing and political. Operations/management is very much in "their heads" and is not caring towards the salespeople. Compensation is unbalanced and not competitive with respect to other solar companies. Training needs great improvement. Challenging to complete work due to lack of structure and sales support staff.

Management is not transparent with employees and does not communicate effectively. It seems as though there is no professional code of conduct. Executive leadership holds great discrepancies between Canadian and Californian offices and makes poor decisions on behalf of 1BOG.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

I have been working at One Block Off the Grid full-time

Pros

The co-workers are a great group of people. The SoMa location is convenient. I love talking to people about solar power.

Cons

There is little upward mobility by skill or experience. It feels like management is moving the company in the direction of replacing a small but highly qualified sales team with many telemarketers to try to gain more sales. Lots of offers for sales contests but very hard to collect if you do win.

Hire people with more sales experience. In order to get them to work for you will require a more even commission split than sales people being paid 7-14% of the revenue they generate.

There are newer employer reviews for One Block Off the Grid