There are newer employer reviews for One Element

The longest, most miserable 6 weeks of employment I've ever experienced.

Former Employee - "Entry Level Marketing/Event Coordinator" in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - "Entry Level Marketing/Event Coordinator" in Atlanta, GA

I worked at One Element full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Everyone is very energetic and upbeat, but it's because they think they're going to land in management.

Cons

What they want are young, energetic people who they can chew up and spit out in 1-3 months time before they get wise and leave. They pull you in with promises of management potential and in only 6 months, you could own you own business! What they mean is, if you can survive on little to NO PAY, barely legal gas compensation for traveling all over God's green earth to the events you are stationed at, being bossed by your 'leader' on your breaks/lunches to "network" instead of taking an actual break or lunch, 12 hour days in which you are not really paid for morning meetings, and having your schedule handed to you on a hand-written piece of torn notebook paper less than 1 week in advance, then yeah, you might move up in this company. But why would you want to??

If you're looking to be a small business owner, start ANYWHERE but here. Allow me to elaborate on the points above: Gas compensation? They pay a flat $11.50 if you travel from a morning meeting to a location (even if it's 50 miles away, no I'm not exaggerating- they'll send you to Sharpsburg) and if you have an afternoon shift, you are not paid at all unless you log your miles and count them as a deduction in your taxes. You may actually spend more on gas than you make. Which brings me to the matter of pay..

I was led to believe that I'd be receiving hourly pay plus 18% commission on all sales made in stores. As it turns out, that's not the case at all. Instead, at the end of each pay period, total commission is divided by total hours worked (office AND in store). If this number is greater than minimum wage, then that's your pay. If it's less than minimum wage, you receive a "commission advance" to raise your hourly rate to $7.25 p/hour. It's possible that One Element could then claw back this advance from future paychecks, though I did not experience that at my 6 weeks at this company.

Despite what you are led to believe, you are paid on 100% commission. Combine this with the fact that, as I mentioned before, you are not really paid what you're spending on gas, a good sales person is lucky to make more than a couple hundred dollars every two weeks. Please don't fall for One Element, The New Element (the two are different companies, but share an office building) or any other Smart Circle (or Cydcor for that matter, look them up, they're similar to SC) affiliate, take the time, do the research, save yourself the misery!

Be up front about things like pay. It's flat out shady to tell someone they're getting a full time job when they can't possibly make enough to live on, based on the fact that commission is all they're getting.

5 Other Employee Reviews for One Element (View Most Recent)

Great entertainment company

Current Employee - Entertainer in Zagreb (Croatia)
    Current Employee - Entertainer in Zagreb (Croatia)

I have been working at One Element part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They keep relaxed enviroment but still keeping the high level of professionalism. Open to their employees and flexible towards their needs.

Cons

As any gig job, payments are unstable. They pay their dues, it just takes time.

Great opportunity to grow

Current Employee - Team Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at One Element full-time (less than an year)

Pros

paid travel, accelerated management program, fun/professional coworkers

Cons

a fair amount of driving between events

This company has helped me reach my personal and professional goals by listening to what I need and want to accomplish and then does whatever they can to help me along the way. Learning time management is cruicial though. I have learned so much about marketing, consumer behavior, how to manage people, and how to interview effectively. What you get out of this job is what you put in!

There are newer employer reviews for One Element