One Kings Lane

www.onekingslane.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for One Kings Lane

A constantly improving, open workplace

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Kings Lane full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As we grow, the company has adjusted to growing pains referenced in other reviews. Our new HR team (which we didn't even have a few months ago) is implementing new compensation systems, our facilities team is catering free lunches and providing other perks, our day-to-day work is not as hectic as it once was as we scale our workforce, and our management team is TOP NOTCH in making sure our voices are heard and advice acted upon. I've worked at one of our competitors as well as a few other companies and while OKL is not perfect, slick oiled machine yet (like Google), it is getting there and improving every day!

Cons

Management makes a lot of top-down decisions without seeking feedback from employees at the ground level. I normally agree with their decisions, but it would be nice to be included more.

Also, it can feel like an "older" company compared to internet companies like Google that are geared toward a 20-something workforce. OKL feels more like a 30-something workforce.

Ramp up the employee perks and listen to lower level employees more.

74 Other Employee Reviews for One Kings Lane (View Most Recent)

A great place to work with fun people and opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at One Kings Lane full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One Kings Lane is a fun place to work which promotes from within. Several employees have grown from initial small roles to greater roles within the company. The company itself continues to create a comfortable environment with a combination of energetic personalities, snacks and drinks in the break-room, foosball tables, live video screens between offices (NY/LA/SF) and happy hour socials. The work can get intense but it is always appreciated and rewarded in the end.

Cons

Much like other start-up/e-commerce companies, growth is fast. To people not familiar with e-commerce, they might feel a sense of lack of planning or management when in actuality what they are experiencing is the constant struggle to build process and standards in an ever changing environment.

Continue to show employees of all levels appreciation for their daily hard work.

Amazing start up that has steadily decreased in quality by sacrificing creativity and quality in favor of making money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at One Kings Lane

Pros

Overall beautiful aesthetic and offices congruent with the company's brand. Good benefits in terms of health care and stock option. Cool people working across. CEO, Doug Mack is amazing. Co-founders, Susan Feldman and Ali Pincus are also great!

Cons

Despite having grown from what began as great leadership and management, the company has ultimately suffered from over-saturation and rapid growth that it can barely keep up with. While it may be doing well from an outside perspective, as an employee there is virtually no incentive, reward or acknowledgement for insanely long hours of work (expected at a start up company where a low salary and long hours are supposed to be countered by stock option).

The focus has clearly shifted from original culture of passion and integrity to one entirely focused on making enough money to cash out and appease 3 rounds of funding.

There are newer employer reviews for One Kings Lane