OneAmerica
oneamerica.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

Outstanding Mission, Limited Growth Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OneAmerica full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOutstanding financial stability. The company manage the balance sheet very effectively to ensure its claims paying capabilities. Although the salary and benefits at the Executive Levels is very good, compensation for others is targeted to the mid-line for the industry, often making it difficult to hire high-caliber people.

ConsIn alignment with the balance sheet focus, Senior Management has a very low tolerance for risk. This limits the company's growth potential and opportunities to develop new markets. They are particularly hesitant to invest in organic growth, preferring small acquisitions. The relative volume of whole life insurance creates heavy spread compression risk, particularly in current interest rate environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementModerately increase tolerance for business risk. Revise compensation strategy to target pay ranges somewhat above industry median. Note--Senior Management culture blends business and religion.

Decent Company and Opportunity for a Young Professional

I have been working at OneAmerica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good co-workers Solid intentions and mission Cons: Lack of professional growth opportunities Long-tenured employees tend to "coast" Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, very conservative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at OneAmerica

Pros: Great profit sharing and opportunities for growth Cons: Very conservative and leadership weighs heavily on how company culture… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on OneAmerica.

Worked for OneAmerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OneAmerica reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by OneAmerica employees.