OneBeacon

www.onebeacon.com
  www.onebeacon.com
There are newer employer reviews for OneBeacon

Forced to work one 40 hours a work week or lose your job!

Current Employee - Will Not Disclose
Current Employee - Will Not Disclose

I have been working at OneBeacon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation, pay, and that is about it

Cons

If you're a hard worker then you get rewarded with more work then told over and over that it is not a 40 hour a week job and you are given hints that if you don't work over 40 hours then you may keep your job. They overload you with the work of two people but expect you to continue to provide superior customer service which is impossible with the work load. A home life balance is some kind of foreign word to this company. Simply they just don't care.

Keep the work load reasonable, the job is stressful enough without telling us over and over this is not a 40 hour a week job and make us feel that if we don't work over 40 hours we will be on warning and potentially lose our job, there are labor laws ------one of these days it will take one brave person to put a stop to this behavior.

24 Other Employee Reviews for OneBeacon (View Most Recent)

Not Good Place to Work

I worked at OneBeacon

Pros

Nice People. That's really all i have to say about it. Oh, probably one of the nicer cafeteria's i've seen.

Cons

Salary blew, no room for advancement, layoffs, etc. Most prominent was the complete lack of leadership. My bosses would habitually "work from home", ie. taking a day off without having to use one of your vacation tdays.

Annual Bonus? Sure, it's called Christmas Time Layoffs

I have been working at OneBeacon

Pros

Generous PTO Time, Nice group of co-workers.

Cons

OneBeacon has had layoffs for 4 or 5 years running now typically around December of each year. No one feels as if the company has a future including management. CEO is about as bad as they get at inspiring confidence and has little credibility. Highly likely the company will continue to shed jobs in the coming years. Look elsewhere.

Work on honesty and integrity. Example: When you increase the average work week and don't pay employees any additional money, you get zero extra productivity and zero loyalty. (Reap what you sow.)

There are newer employer reviews for OneBeacon