Interesting but repetitive

I worked at OneNeck

Pros

Unique culture. People are willing to work around the clock and on weekends. Everyone's looking to get their job done.

Cons

Everyone's working around the clock. Makes it difficult to collaborate after and during work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots of Positives but in State of Transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time

Pros

I'm a long-time employee and the salary is competive, I work with some great people and management allows flexibility so that you can take care of issues at home and with family if necessary.

Cons

Lots of changes in upper management and there's a sense of instability and because of that some very good resources have left the company.

Advice to Management

Stop the bleeding in terms of attitude and get the positive "mojo" back. Top management (not supervisors) should go to your best and brightest, find out what they need and get them the extra people and tools even if that means cutting into the bottom line short-term. Go arm and arm with them and get them excited about the future and believing that you are on their side. Once all is back on track, then you can back off and let standard management and procedures kick in.

Started really good... then the buyout company crept in

Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Unix Systems Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OneNeck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots to learn and expand your horizons and resumes with. My first year i was like a sponge. There are a lot of good people there... Slowly suffering.

Cons

Its a Hosted Management Services company. You have no control. Even if you want the best for the company, you want to harden and increase efficiency, they will often turn you down or it will fall on deaf ears. I came to this company wanting to invoke positive change for our customers... and instead i find myself slogging through manual processes and wishing to be just a ticket monkey. This job has broken my resolve to be an amazing Unix/Linux admin. They are bringing on many new customer and not hiring for the load. I am assuming with all of the other TDS child companies they are hoping to 'one day' have a cross company administrative infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Our last CEO made it apparent that by making us, the employees, happy... we could in turn make the customers happy. That worked. People were more upbeat and dealt with issues better.