Challenging and busy

Current Employee - PM
Current Employee - PM

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies

Pros

Growth and expansion during a downed economy. Mgmt is approachable and listens to your ideas. Our lead sales guy is knowledgeable and cares in our well being. Keeps us busy with work all around the world. Good place to work. Benfits are above average compare to my last company.

Cons

Need to hire more knowledgeable vendor mgmt. Coordinators perform their work majority of the time.

Advice to Management

Hire real vendor mgmt with knowledge.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Steady

Current Employee - Data Tech
    Current Employee - Data Tech

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies

Pros

If you do a good job I think it raises your rating, so you get opportunities more regularly. Seems to pay pretty good.

Cons

Compensation is not broken down per job, so it's a mystery sometimes what you are getting for which job. If you ask over the phone what a certain job will pay, they typically don't know that either. Most jobs require some home preparation which I don';t believe you are compensated for. Mileage is paid, but not the time driving. Not a big deal unless the job is far away.

Advice to Management

The tech check-in process can sometimes be really tedious. Please either fix that or pay for the time being on hold or answering silly questions.

Overworked, Underpaid,Shady Business Practices

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at OneSource Building Technologies

Pros

Plenty of free drinks to keep us caffeinated.

Cons

LOT OF PAPERWORK!!! All the processes require extra paper to slow payment to vendors. Most vendors have terms of 45 days AFTER the ticket is closed. Typical terms are NET 30 from date work is preformed. Vendors call on a daily basis asking for payment. To the point that management will not take the calls and avoid answering.

Advice to Management

Have a vendor payment schedule to avoid ambiguity. Reduce paper by eliminating "billing receipts" Have a process for EVERY vendor issue and handle complaints immediately.