There are newer employer reviews for OneWest Bank

They were the nail in our coffin

Former Employee - Financial Freedom Employee - Wholly Owned Subsidiary of One West Bank

I worked at OneWest Bank

Pros

They didn't interfere with how Financial Freedom was doing business for the most part.

Cons

As soon as they purchased us from the failed IndyMac bank they closed our West Coast ops center and we lost a huge amount of business as a result. They failed to acknowledge or communicate with our division after the purchase or at any time up until they closed us down. They took the holdest and highest profile reverse mortgage company in the industry and made it disappear.

Advice to Management

I realize that we were not a part of your master plan, but at least acknowledge our presence. Our company could have continued to be profitable and I don't understand your lack of vision to allow that to happen.

reviews filtered by
  1. work with a lot of smart people

I have been working at OneWest Bank

Pros

there is always a lot of change going on keeping things fresh

Cons

tight timelines for all projects and spending is limited.

2. Terrifying, but opportunities to learn

I worked at OneWest Bank

Pros

The opportunity to work in multiple areas of business. If you perform well at your job and have fresh ideas, you will be utilized within many areas of the bank.

Cons

Opacity in what the fate of the industry is. Headline risk translates to interesting conversations when seeking opportunities at other firms.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, my experience at OneWest amounted in many empty promises. It was unclear whether this was because management was changing rapidly.