OneWest Bank

www.owb.com

Intellectually challenging and interesting work with good pay.

Analyst (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsThe work is intellectually stimulating, highly analytical, and very satisfying. My senior managers are pedagogical in their style, which I appreciate. Moreover, they do well in inspiring me to push hard and become one of the best. Our group has access to extensive modern technological resources, which demonstrably improves our workflow.

From reading the reviews here, I gather that people's experiences differ dramatically depending on the department they work for. However, I am very satisfied with the people in my own group.

ConsOccasionally, there are problems with clear communication of deadlines from middle and senior management. Also, when senior managers bypass middle managers asking for certain tasks to be completed, they do not always clear it with a person's direct supervisor beforehand. This can lead to a misapplication of work force and flustered middle managers.

Personally, I find the tasks assigned by senior management more engaging and interesting, but there does not seem to be an appropriate venue for me to express that sentiment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn addition to asking employees to self-report weekly work flow and task completion, have both senior management and middle management draft a version of what they expected each employee to be devoting time and resources to complete. Employees should be able to view these expectations. When actual and expected projects do not line up, there should be discussion.

Since it may be unclear to employees what, why, and where vital resources are in need of deployment. Please try to get middle managers to assign more context during task allocation. Senior
management is normally better than middle management at providing clarity around the reason for assignment of work tasks.

A complete waste of time - Good people leave quickly and wish they never came!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

I worked at OneWest Bank full-time

Pros: A regular paycheck. Nice area to go out and eat lunch. Some… Cons: Complete morons! The blind leading the stupid. The place is ruled by fear and intimidation. Every day employees have their souls sucked… Advice to Senior Management: Survey your employees and get a baseline for how angry and frustrated and burned out they are to be working for your company.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not Ready for the big time

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company pays well for the amount of work. Fellow coworkers are… Cons: The company does not allow for much growth and management will throw you… Advice to Senior Management: Treat People better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on OneWest Bank.

Worked for OneWest Bank? Contribute to the Community!