There are newer employer reviews for OneWest Bank

Intellectually challenging and interesting work with good pay.

Current Employee - Analyst in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work is intellectually stimulating, highly analytical, and very satisfying. My senior managers are pedagogical in their style, which I appreciate. Moreover, they do well in inspiring me to push hard and become one of the best. Our group has access to extensive modern technological resources, which demonstrably improves our workflow.

From reading the reviews here, I gather that people's experiences differ dramatically depending on the department they work for. However, I am very satisfied with the people in my own group.

Cons

Occasionally, there are problems with clear communication of deadlines from middle and senior management. Also, when senior managers bypass middle managers asking for certain tasks to be completed, they do not always clear it with a person's direct supervisor beforehand. This can lead to a misapplication of work force and flustered middle managers.

Personally, I find the tasks assigned by senior management more engaging and interesting, but there does not seem to be an appropriate venue for me to express that sentiment.

In addition to asking employees to self-report weekly work flow and task completion, have both senior management and middle management draft a version of what they expected each employee to be devoting time and resources to complete. Employees should be able to view these expectations. When actual and expected projects do not line up, there should be discussion.

Since it may be unclear to employees what, why, and where vital resources are in need of deployment. Please try to get middle managers to assign more context during task allocation. Senior
management is normally better than middle management at providing clarity around the reason for assignment of work tasks.

reviews filtered by

A complete waste of time - Good people leave quickly and wish they never came!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at OneWest Bank full-time

Pros

A regular paycheck.
    Nice area to go out and eat lunch.
    Some really nice people to work with at the lower levels.

Cons

Complete morons! The blind leading the stupid. The place is ruled by fear and intimidation. Every day employees have their souls sucked from them. You might as well leave your brain at the door because if you try to use it, you put yourself in danger. This leaves a company full of unquestioning order-takers who don't have the spirit and enthusiasm to ever take the company to the next level.

Survey your employees and get a baseline for how angry and frustrated and burned out they are to be working for your company. However, don't do the survey unless you are committed to taking positive action. Otherwise, you'll just encouragement more dissension in the ranks.

2. Not Ready for the big time

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company pays well for the amount of work. Fellow coworkers are great and helpful. The positions offered are many with great variety.

Cons

The company does not allow for much growth and management will throw you under the bus whenever possible. Little thing are thrown out of proportion.

Treat People better