There are newer employer reviews for OneWest Bank

Extremely Average

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Low minimum requirements and history to get in the door. Good learning experience for those new to the field, especially related to mortgage servicing from a default perspective. A decent place to get a 'glorified title' and take your resume elsewhere.

Cons

Middle-Top heavy. Little sense of direction or stability. Very clique oriented. A 'who you know' style environment. Management seems incapable of being approachable or leading by example. Seemingly clueless about keeping employees happy. No higher education incentives. Inter-departmental communication severely lacking.

Take a serious long look at your middle to high level management and consider making cuts and putting more in the hands of your lower levels. In more than one department I've seen managers benefiting on the backs of a few select work horses who get very little in the area of reward or praise. Your pay is less than average for the same sort of work, so think twice before threatening job security for those at the bottom, as that is about all you have to offer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cheap low paying job

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Orange, CA

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I would have to say nothing and run the other way.

Cons

Horrible mortgage dept. They started off with 5 Mortgage loan officers and slowly they all quit, all except for one.

lacking

Current Employee - Asset Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at OneWest Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with most of the people here. The office building is in the Domain which is a nice area with trendy stores/restaurants.

Cons

Pay is poor when compared to similar services in Dallas. Upper management operates with the idea that they can just hire anybody off the street to do your job. The previous statement paraphrases the exact verbiage by someone in upper management. There have been quite a few lay offs. I believe the culture is also poor and this is in direct result of how upper management views it's workforce.

Train employees more. Provide better benefits (not referring to health). Upper management needs to rethink how they view employees.

There are newer employer reviews for OneWest Bank