Oneupweb

www.oneupweb.com
  www.oneupweb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oneupweb

You need to look in the mirror

I have been working at Oneupweb

Pros

Very intelligent, motivated and fun group of co-workers. It is nice going to work and being greated by the dogs.

Cons

They search all over the US for the cream of the crop to work at OUW. All is presented with smoke and mirrors such as game day or ethnic lunches and of course the pin ball machines. Your told that you get x amount of PTO time, but your not told how hard it is to use it. New employees move to TC with the glimmer in there eye that they have landed the perfect job, signing leases or buying homes only to lose their job 3 months later. Most have lost their jobs just after getting their employee review with glowing comments.

The commission structure has been revised this year to the point that after selling over a few hundred thousand in services, the sale people only received a few hundred dollars in commission.

This is not just a job as you have pointed out in your glowing reviews. Employment there is considered a career. You want the best, then you hold them down. As far as the move on and get a job, if you were on better terms with your present and ex employees you would know that the exe's have moved on and into far greater positions and places in their lives. The rants are to warn future employees to really look close at their decision, especially if investing in a major move.

75% turn over in 2011, maybe a management thing or maybe HR needs to reevaluate their hiring practices.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Oneupweb (View Most Recent)

Life is what you make of it, bro

I have been working at Oneupweb

Pros

I like my job, I like the work I do, I like the atmosphere, I like the view, I like the people that I've met and continue to meet.

Clearly, I work at OUW. I'm not here to push down bad reviews (I do realize that's exactly what this will do) or because someone told me to. I also know that no matter what, there's a contingent that will refuse to believe someone could come of their own volition, so whatever. I've been here for a bit and I feel like I've seen enough to offer some perhaps more rational insight into this apparently never-ending debate.

If you work hard and have a decent attitude, you're probably going to do fine here. You have to teach yourself some stuff, and maybe that's not the best situation for you. Know that going in. You'll deal with some unexpected trials and tribulations. You will screw up. Sometimes you'll have a day full of tedious work. Other days it will be intellectually stimulating and exciting. Like anything in life, there are ups and downs.

If you seek out help, and you are receptive to knowing where you need to improve, you will find a niche. There's a wealth of people who are willing to help you - just ask.

No company is the right place for everyone. If you're a recent college grad and your idea of working in an office is derived entirely from watching The Office, you'll likely be a bit confused by the fact sometimes you have to do work. Doing work allows us to, you know, have an office and have fun when it's time to have fun.

At the end of the day, I'm glad I made the decision I made to come here and I'm happy most of the time at my job - which is a lot more than a lot of workers in this world can say.

Cons

It can be difficult at the beginning. Like, if you haven't worked in this industry before, or in a small business setting, really really difficult.

I've worked in a couple small business environments, and this isn't that different from the others. There are quirks, things you don't like, etc. at all of them. You have to interact with the people in charge and - face it - attitude and impression is going to matter. I've been on the good side and the wrong side. If you take criticism ultra-personal, then just don't come. It's not going to work for you. Just being honest. If you've ever had a tough coach or teacher or anything similar to that, then you'll know how to handle it. People want results and not excuses.

Is management always right? No. Am I always right? No. Some people can handle this dynamic and move on, others get bogged down in figuring out who was "right" in everything.

Some people can thrive in this environment. Other people crash and burn, sometimes spectacularly. If moving here is a big life decision for you, you need to carefully weigh whether you think you are going to thrive or burn - but dude, come on, that should be a carefully made decision no matter what company it is.

To the meat -

Obviously there's some personal animosity between some of the negative reviewers and some of the defenders. My advice to you, as someone researching this company, is to forget about that. It's not a daily part of office life. I have no idea what caused most of it. Neither do most of the people here. It's not relevant to your job search or your decision to take this job. Understand that. Not once has it affected my job in any way, shape or form.

So, to sum that up, there will be days you are mad and frustrated and things you don't agree with. That's called having a job.

I'd like to offer constructive advice or some heartwarming platitude here - but no, I'll be honest - if I thought I had genuine insight into running a company, I'd be running a company.

I loved the work I was doing, but I felt like I was walking on thin ice from day one.

I worked at Oneupweb

Pros

Wonderful, modern office building with some of the most qualified, talented people I have ever met. I made some great and lasting friendships and really felt as though my time was well spent. I learned a lot and really improved my skills while I was there, and even though it was quite difficult to deal with company policies, I don't regret any of it.

Cons

It was really difficult to hold my head up high when someone was fired every week. Sometimes, firings took place in large groups. Job security as well as upward mobility were non-existent, especially as a male employee. Even smart, talented people with exceptional attendance were let go over petty reasons. Pay was lower than industry standards, and we mostly felt like we were sitting in detention. Very restrictive rules that governed every minute of the day. I had a few good ideas that were shot down and I was made out to be an idiot for suggesting them; only to have "someone" present them as her ideas a week later. I would not recommend working here. Read the other reviews for more info. I agree with all of the people who say it's best to stay away.

Please start treating people as you would like to be treated. That is your only solution to your current pr nightmare. Change your ways before its too late. You need to trust your people a little bit, they are not out to get you; yet you treat them all like dogs... just like you were taught to manage a team in Alaska.

There are newer employer reviews for Oneupweb