Online Buddies

www.online-buddies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Online Buddies

We're an exciting, innovative technology company that continues to be on the bleeding edge of web software development.

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Online Buddies

Pros

Our company is a fun and creative environment, with outstanding opportunity for personal growth within the company. We offer very competitive salaries and a fantastic benefits package. Our headcount stays between 90 - 100 employees, so every voice is heard. Our corporate culture is one of our strongest attributes. We're privately held, profitable, and have seen our revenue increase year over year since inception. Our benefits package has also continued to improve year over year.

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, employees strive for information and management sometimes does not communicate enough. This has been brought up during several all staff assemblies and management has already begun to make changes.

I can't think of any input or advice. Management is very receptive to the needs of their employees and strives to make this a company people want to come to everyday.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Online Buddies (View Most Recent)

Hands down the best work experience I have ever been a part of!!!! :)

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Online Buddies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love working for Online Buddies. I have worked for a few different companies and have never had such a positive experience as I do currently working for OLB. I commute a minimum of one hour each way with no traffic (72 miles one way) and don't mind because I like my job so much. The people I work with are nice. My co workers genuinely work together to resolve issues, and management it ALWAYS fair. It sometimes seems that it takes them a while to present a resolution to work place issues, but in the end the results are always as fair as possible for everyone involved. We have crazy awesome little perks that also make our positions more fun and enjoyable.. such as free vending machines <its like going to Vegas and playing the slots, and never losing your money, and yes Oreo's do taste better when they are FREE :) , unlimited k cup coffee *Good coffee is a blessing from the Coffee Gods, never to be overlooked, fresh fruit delivered weekly, free lunch on Thursdays, as well frequent dinner's and other awesome things that happen. I always feel relaxed and happy when I am at work, no matter if the sun is shining or its raining, like it is now. I wish for continued success for our company as well as my coworkers and management. It's truly inspiring to see our CEO, Adam being one of the first ones to get in the morning, and then being one of the last one's to leave. That doesn't happen everywhere. Rare actually.

Cons

Getting to the office? Did I mention my commute? hehe, Office Space is a lot cheaper on the Cape, just saying!! :)
    No but seriously, cons that the business could control, maybe just better office lighting? The florescent lighting does nothing for me. Maybe a better parking situation? Honestly I have dealt with that for six years now, and it doesn't bother me.... but I had to put a con in the box to fill the survey

I am of the type that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Same holds true on my thoughts for management. I am happy with our companies progressive, forward thinking. I can't be of much help on the advice section. I am content.

Disorganized, but fun

I worked at Online Buddies full-time

Pros

Fun culture & totally unique. Ribald and occasionally raunchy and it's even appropriate. The right person can have a lot of power to do their job well.

Cons

The wrong person however, will suffer from endless changes of plans, shortsighted management, and generally be frustrated.

Look into the future. A whole year. Stop optimizing for next week's numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Online Buddies