Online Business Systems

Outstanding people and management

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at Online Business Systems

Pros

Management is committed to creating a partnership with their clients and their staff consultants. Everyone is highly competent; it really brings out the best in your own abilities and attitude. A Career Mentor is assigned every employee and stays active with that employee to the employee's satisfaction. Great benefits and pay. I just can't say enough good things about being an "Onliner".

Cons

As a consulting firm, you will be working on a project for some other business. So while Online is wonderful, the client culture may zap your energy. Many of the projects are staffed with several Onliners or can be worked remotely from the Online office; so sometimes the culture encountered during work hours reflects Online's principles but not always.

Continue the good, solid work of making the Portland office a leading center of excellence in the Northwest. I think there could be some consideration of sponsoring events, lectures, etc. to do more to get the Online Business Systems name better known.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Online Business Systems (View Most Recent)

Best job of my career

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work, specially if you like working remotely. Greet place for beginners.

Cons

Working remotely all the time means less interaction with other colleague, sometime that is boring too.

Online Business Systems Response

Oct 21, 2014Director, People Care

Your headline tells me we are doing something right and so am glad to hear that. We hire junior to senior levels and all have a place at OBS. while the Seniors may lead projects and new ... More

Great place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Online Business Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Online makes the extra effort to bring great people into their organization. This results in a flourishing working environment. The personal development program is excellent and well structured. They are a flexible employer with opportunities for all levels of employees to advance their careers.

Cons

I think the career mentor system works, however, the number of career mentors and qualification criteria for CM's needs to be re-evaluated. I had both ends of the spectrum in terms of CM's.

Sometimes you can feel a bit disconnected from Online when you're on a client site for long engagements.

For the most part, keep up the good work. Maintain a focus on maintaining Online's great culture. This is apparent in the Central Region, but needs to be improved in the Alberta Region.

Online Business Systems Response

Oct 21, 2014Director, People Care

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We take pride in hiring great people. We look for people who are not only smart and eager to learn but are also a cultural fit and work well ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Online Business Systems