Online Business Systems

Outstanding people and management

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at Online Business Systems

Pros

Management is committed to creating a partnership with their clients and their staff consultants. Everyone is highly competent; it really brings out the best in your own abilities and attitude. A Career Mentor is assigned every employee and stays active with that employee to the employee's satisfaction. Great benefits and pay. I just can't say enough good things about being an "Onliner".

Cons

As a consulting firm, you will be working on a project for some other business. So while Online is wonderful, the client culture may zap your energy. Many of the projects are staffed with several Onliners or can be worked remotely from the Online office; so sometimes the culture encountered during work hours reflects Online's principles but not always.

Continue the good, solid work of making the Portland office a leading center of excellence in the Northwest. I think there could be some consideration of sponsoring events, lectures, etc. to do more to get the Online Business Systems name better known.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Online Business Systems (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

OBS is a great company with amazing employees. There are offices across North America so there are opportunities to travel or relocate.

-Great coworkers
    -Flexible hours
    -Decent vacation time
    -Great professional development budget
    -Great parties
    -Pay is above average

Cons

The company is small so these may be difficult to improve at the stage.

-Benefits are sub-par
    -No pension
    -No profit share

The benefits packages are quite expensive for what we get. Consider a different provider.

Great place to work. Supporting all 3 legs of the stool. Online, the client, the Onliner!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Feeling supported. Opportunity for growth with personal/ professional development. Having a career mentor. Opportunity to get involved in the various service offerings. Lunch and Learns.

Cons

Sometimes feeling disconnected from home office related to mostly working at client sites. This limits involvement in home office activities. Not enough vacation time.

vacation improvements

Online Business Systems Response

Aug 22, 2014Director, People Care

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Professional development of our team members is a priority at OBS. As you noted we support this through our professional development budgets/days , our Career Mentor ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Online Business Systems

Worked for Online Business Systems? Contribute to the Community!