There are newer employer reviews for Online Business Systems

Outstanding people and management

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at Online Business Systems

Pros

Management is committed to creating a partnership with their clients and their staff consultants. Everyone is highly competent; it really brings out the best in your own abilities and attitude. A Career Mentor is assigned every employee and stays active with that employee to the employee's satisfaction. Great benefits and pay. I just can't say enough good things about being an "Onliner".

Cons

As a consulting firm, you will be working on a project for some other business. So while Online is wonderful, the client culture may zap your energy. Many of the projects are staffed with several Onliners or can be worked remotely from the Online office; so sometimes the culture encountered during work hours reflects Online's principles but not always.

Advice to Management

Continue the good, solid work of making the Portland office a leading center of excellence in the Northwest. I think there could be some consideration of sponsoring events, lectures, etc. to do more to get the Online Business Systems name better known.

reviews filtered by

Be aware!

I worked at Online Business Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart group of people - at least the ones I worked with; availability of training and nimble to make decisions.

Cons

Harrasment policies are weak and only applicable to certain people.

Management and mentor pushed people to post positive reviews on this site.

Company is run like a family business and is on a downward trend as profitability is hurting badly.

Benefits are poor...there's no pension plan, no parking, no valid work from home policy - it's written but only applicable to a few, and you also pay a high premium for the health care the company provides! You are better off as a contractor....

I also worked with some of the best people ever at Online. I had faith one of them was going to become part of the leadership team and actually create change! Instead what I saw was all of them leaving, one by one. That tells me the company isn't embracing the change it needs to keep on growing.

Advice to Management

- reduce waste - why does Online need so many support people with working from home perks, etc...? eliminate some of them and bring forward a pension plan!
    - develop and enforce some strong policies around harassment and acceptable behaviour.
    - create an environment where people can actually provide ideas, such as 'Talk to the CEO' where people can send comments, ideas and concerns directly to your inbox anonymously. You need to open those ears to hear what people have to say! there's great advice to improve the company out there that - I was told several times - gets filtered through the different layers (Directors, VPs, etc...). Think about it!

Online Business Systems Response

Dec 18, 2014Director, People Care

I’ll admit that was tough to read. Clearly your time at OBS was not what we hear from others. I am sorry that your experience was not as positive. I’d like to address some of your concerns ... More

Great company

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People are the greatest asset of this company - each and everyone is a goldmine of skills both technical and social.
    I'm never bored - every new client is a new experience and challenge - that's a big plus personally for me because I love dynamic work environment, constant learning, and working with the newest technology available on the market.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Online Business Systems Response

Jan 7, 2015Director, People Care

Wow! Thanks for providing feedback. Our goal is create an environment where everyone feels as you do. Your feedback tells us we are on the right track. Thanks again.

There are newer employer reviews for Online Business Systems