Outstanding people and management

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I worked at Online Business Systems

Pros

Management is committed to creating a partnership with their clients and their staff consultants. Everyone is highly competent; it really brings out the best in your own abilities and attitude. A Career Mentor is assigned every employee and stays active with that employee to the employee's satisfaction. Great benefits and pay. I just can't say enough good things about being an "Onliner".

Cons

As a consulting firm, you will be working on a project for some other business. So while Online is wonderful, the client culture may zap your energy. Many of the projects are staffed with several Onliners or can be worked remotely from the Online office; so sometimes the culture encountered during work hours reflects Online's principles but not always.

Advice to Management

Continue the good, solid work of making the Portland office a leading center of excellence in the Northwest. I think there could be some consideration of sponsoring events, lectures, etc. to do more to get the Online Business Systems name better known.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time

Pros

Competitive salary. Frinendly and smart people, great to work with. Great corporate cultural development makes employees are really proud of being a "Onliner".

Cons

Not much "Software" about this company, a typical service company. Lots of pressure when you are 'bench' (waiting for BD to sell you to clients), it means you are about to be let go soon. They might tell you that "it rarely happens", but I have seen quite a lot.

Online Business Systems Response

May 20, 2015 – Director, People Care

I’d like to address your cons first , as I might be able to provide some context. Last year we worked on a very large engagement for an Oil and Gas client in Alberta. As a result we needed to grow ... More

2. People are happy to work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time

Pros

I feel very fortunate to work at Online for many reasons, one of the main reasons is the people who work here. I work with an amazing team of people, who are supportive, attentive, driven and friendly - it really has that family feel. This extends past the team I work within and through out the company, people here are happy to be here and that reflects in the genuine smiles and "good mornings" that you get from everyone you walk past. I love the fact that I have a say in the areas that I want to develop, Online is flexible with my goals and supports me in every way possible - from the career mentor program to the professional development time/budget - its great. I am really proud of the skills I have learned/developed in the last few years working here. The physical space that we work in is comfortable and inviting, We have a lot of different social events through out the year, family events, holiday parties, annual golf tournament/dinner Interesting Lunch and Learns on many varying topics

Cons

It is actually hard to think of cons, the one thing I can think of is that an RRSP matching plan would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the culture here is wonderful.