There are newer employer reviews for Onslow Memorial Hospital

Onslow Memorial Hospital is an awesome place to work and grow

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jacksonville, NC
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Jacksonville, NC

Pros

The staff is very friendly and have a team approach to work, the community we care for are very appreciative and kind. The salary is competitive for the cost of living here. The benefit package is awesome. They never make you leave work if it's slow, you just find things to do.

Cons

There really aren't any. We are getting a new ER and OR and are very excited about it.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is accountable for their actions. What one person does or doesn't do can start a chain reaction. It can be a good thing or a bad thing. People that have been there a long time offer a weath of experience but are also noticed by other to not do certain things like restock, clean, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for Onslow Memorial Hospital

Pc support technician

I have been working at Onslow Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Some of of the best people to work with. When I leave, ill always remember the comradery and good times

Cons

Pay is probably the lowest. Hospital can't keep doctors so they princess them and then in turn they treat the support staff like idiots

Advice to Management

Increase the pay, increase the frequency of pay increases

In my experience the company was fine to work for. I worked nights so I never really saw management.

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Onslow Memorial Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good but the hours were bad. I did not like 7pm to 7am but this probably works for someone else.

Cons

A lot of the other staff was lazy. Most of the night was spent at the nurses station depending on lower level employees to do most of the work. If you do your job and not let that get to you, you should be fine.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your nurses have good bedside manner. I witnessed a nurse tell a family that their mother was going to die, it was a part of life and there was nothing she could do. This may have been true but that was still someone's family member.