Onward Healthcare

www.onwardhealthcare.com

Great place to begin your career, fun and rewarding!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Wilton, CT
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Wilton, CT

Pros

I have been working for Onward Healthcare since completing my MBA in 2011. I started off in the role of campus recruiter. This was a great opportunity to spearhead a company initiative and really get my feet wet in the business world. After about a year and a half I was promoted in to the marketing department and have really had the chance to pursue my career goals and potential, not to mention traveling around the country for national conferences! Working with the marketing department has given me the chance to get to know and work closely with the different offices as well as senior management. It has been a great learning experience.
The CT team is a great group of people who work hard but also like to have fun! From contests, philanthropies to semi annual company parties there are a lot of chances to get to know everyone and enjoy the work atmosphere.

Cons

There are not any downsides to working at Onward Healthcare, however if I could make any changes I would suggest implementing summer hours :)

Other reviews for Onward Healthcare

SLP offered a traveling assignments

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

There are no pros to working with this company. The recruiters are very ambiguous and promise salaries that are not inherent in the contract.

Cons

Prospective employees should read their contracts prior to accepting employment , or better yet get legal advice. Since i have a legal background, I was able to adequately comprehend and understand the contract. This contract protects management and leaves the employee hanging without any safe guards. It also includes a clause which says that the Onward can change your compensation package at will and does not have to notify the employee. The H_ll you will. I refused to sign and am glad that I took the time to read it.

Onward executives should pay therapists and other employees their value and not try to put them into contracts which devalue their intelligence.

Growing incredibly fast...

Former Employee - Operations/Marketing  in  Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Operations/Marketing in Norwalk, CT

Pros

A flexible but often intense atmosphere, with a lot going on and lots of creative freedom. A solid focus on the bottom line, but also an adherence to quality standards. Lots of fun to be had if you're a successful recruiter.

The company has been growing like crazy lately, and branching out into new areas. It's very exciting, and there's been lots of promotions as things begin to become profitable and pick up speed. That's very exciting!

Cons

Deadlines are solid things -- sometimes it's a scramble to get 'er done in time. And while things seem to run organized and smoothly, sometimes it's like magic -- there's so much going on you don't know how management keeps track of it. The company is moving and shaking, and you've gotta be ready for the upheavals and everything that goes with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Onward Healthcare.

Worked for Onward Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!