Ooyala

www.ooyala.com

Fast, fun, and energizing place to work with a friendly culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsOoyala has a great product and a great team of people. The culture at Ooyala is incredibly relaxed and easy-going but with that freedom people work hard, are responsible, are professional, and are great at what they do. Ooyala has always had a great culture and they go the extra mile to make sure people feel welcome and happy. If you want to learn more about another area of the company, I've never heard anybody get turned down.

ConsAs great as Ooyala is, sometimes big projects have taken their toll on engineers who get a bit burnt out. Ooyala is really flexible with this so I think it's often the person not really making it known or communicating what they need. It's hard to say though because Ooyala tends to hire top-notch, dedicated, and hard workers. I guess that's why Ooyala has been a launch pad for entrepreneurs. A lot of people have started their own companies after Ooyala so I guess that's the benefit of hard work, even if you do work a little too hard sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally think management does all they can to keep people happy and motivated. I feel like if I wanted to talk to any Exec any time I could.

Thrilling Software Engineering Learning Experience

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Ooyala full-time for more than a year

Pros: + Engineers are super smart. + Work with top open source technologies + Easy to do impact and to propose something new and get it going. + Really… Cons: + Management gets employee reviews one way (only cares about what higher people of the people underneath them, never the other way around). + Some teams… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Ooyala

Pros: - Brilliant team. Smart and passionate people. I learnt a lot in my time at Ooyala both from senior management as well as from my… Cons: Might be necessary to focus more on a couple of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ooyala.

Worked for Ooyala? Contribute to the Community!