Open Scan Technologies

www.openscan.com
  www.openscan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies

Open Scan is on a clear trajectory of growth and "growing up"

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

I've been working at Open Scan for years and have seen the company grow up in many ways. I've seen it move from a little boutique software company to a solution provider with solid, defined solutions that address specific business problems. With that, I've seen the leadership mature and refocus on solid strategies that work. As an employee, that means improved benefits, a professional growth plan, and fast-paced professional workplace. I feel all the departments are willing to help and work together more so than other companies I've worked at.

Cons

Personalities, personalities, personalities. Open Scan is not for the shy or weak. I see this as a positive but some might not - nothing is handed to you here, you have to earn it.

Keep getting better. There is always room for improvement. Listen to your employees because they are the most important resource a company like Open Scan has.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Open Scan Technologies (View Most Recent)

The best part about working at Open Scan is the feeling of freedom when you walk out the door for the last time.

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

The friendships made in the very weird environment are quite strong due to the shared experience. Overall, it is similar to having served on the frontlines with someone. You come away scared but stronger for the experience.

Cons

When you work at Open Scan you leave integrity, respect, and trust at the door. It is difficult to express how poorly the company is run except to say that it seems more like a large HIGHLY dysfunctional family rather than a business. Big brother is replaced by Big Momma and there is no comedic relief.

You hire exceptional people. Trust them to do the right thing and give them the opportunity to do it. Remove nepotism and the clannish favoritism with more exceptional new hires... You might improve your perspective.

A place where the only way you can survive is if you are a master of head games

I worked at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

Open Scan is place where you can learn all about Microsoft Technologies - You get to use the MSFT Team Foundation server and some of the staff is helpful when it comes to .NET. Working with the clients. The building is really nice on the inside.

Cons

The Open Scan environment is extremely cliquish. When you walk through the Open Scan door in the morning you are immediately on edge the whole day. You never know who or what is going to blind-side you. Perception is reality so if you are good at parking your morals and ethics at the door, you might be able to survive.

Management needs to remove themselves from the day to day activities and not be pulled in with the drama, this nurtures the negative environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies