Open Scan Technologies

www.openscan.com
  www.openscan.com
There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies

A promising, yet utterly horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Open Scan Technologies full-time

Pros

Many good people have and still do work there. They have a very interesting niche, with a great value proposition for what they do. Lots of possibilities as a company. You can almost always work just an 8 hour day.

Cons

A truly horrible place to work. By far, the worst place I have worked in my entire career. You don't really realize how utterly bad it is until you are actually gone. It's kind of like an abusive relationship. You think the problems are you, and the seemingly right things are said to you at the right time, and you don't leave. But then finally you come to the realization that it isn't a good place to be at all, and you find the strength and the inner resolve to believe in yourself and get the heck out. You see all those articles that talk about good bosses and good management? This company is the antithesis of all of those. First level management is generally just fine. The problem stems from the very top. But management hands are tied, and they are bypassed and overruled on a regular basis.
My recommendation to anyone considering going to work for here: Look up former employees on LinkedIn. Get the straight scoop from them.

Step away and hire a CEO, or hand the reigns to someone already there. Go travel and enjoy life. Those who work there will be so much happier.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Open Scan Technologies (View Most Recent)

Open Scan is on a clear trajectory of growth and "growing up"

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

I've been working at Open Scan for years and have seen the company grow up in many ways. I've seen it move from a little boutique software company to a solution provider with solid, defined solutions that address specific business problems. With that, I've seen the leadership mature and refocus on solid strategies that work. As an employee, that means improved benefits, a professional growth plan, and fast-paced professional workplace. I feel all the departments are willing to help and work together more so than other companies I've worked at.

Cons

Personalities, personalities, personalities. Open Scan is not for the shy or weak. I see this as a positive but some might not - nothing is handed to you here, you have to earn it.

Keep getting better. There is always room for improvement. Listen to your employees because they are the most important resource a company like Open Scan has.

The best part about working at Open Scan is the feeling of freedom when you walk out the door for the last time.

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

The friendships made in the very weird environment are quite strong due to the shared experience. Overall, it is similar to having served on the frontlines with someone. You come away scared but stronger for the experience.

Cons

When you work at Open Scan you leave integrity, respect, and trust at the door. It is difficult to express how poorly the company is run except to say that it seems more like a large HIGHLY dysfunctional family rather than a business. Big brother is replaced by Big Momma and there is no comedic relief.

You hire exceptional people. Trust them to do the right thing and give them the opportunity to do it. Remove nepotism and the clannish favoritism with more exceptional new hires... You might improve your perspective.

There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies