Open Scan Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies

Walk on Egg Shells

Current Employee - Grunt in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Grunt in Denver, CO

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of friendly people. Each group (Sales, Professinal Services, Development) has a nice mix of hardworking and good natured people. The veteran leaders of each group know what it takes to get the job done; so if you are unsure of something, there is someone who knows the answer. Unsanctioned team activities (poker, game night, golf, etc) are very enjoyable. There is a gym in the basement, a massage chair upstairs and plenty of candy.

Cons

There is more focused placed on the aesthetics of the company than on the software product itself. Instead of spending funds enhancing what looks to be a college sophmores 1998 computer science project, "leadership" likes to purchase lots and lots of art, expand the size of the office unnessarily and build things onto the office. "Leadership" will micro manage very odd parts of your life. Forget to use the handrail going down the stairs, that's a scolding. Forget to take your shoes off in the winter, another scolding. Of all things though, make sure that you attend the summer and winter company parties. You miss one of those and you may as well look for another job. Notice something that the company can improve on and relay that to management, that's a firing (don't ever mention anything about improvements to benefits). Oh, even though you are a salaried adult, you are expected to clock in and out. You should know that if you take a job here you need to walk on eggshells.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Open Scan Technologies (View Most Recent)

A promising, yet utterly horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Open Scan Technologies full-time

Pros

Many good people have and still do work there. They have a very interesting niche, with a great value proposition for what they do. Lots of possibilities as a company. You can almost always work just an 8 hour day.

Cons

A truly horrible place to work. By far, the worst place I have worked in my entire career. You don't really realize how utterly bad it is until you are actually gone. It's kind of like an abusive relationship. You think the problems are you, and the seemingly right things are said to you at the right time, and you don't leave. But then finally you come to the realization that it isn't a good place to be at all, and you find the strength and the inner resolve to believe in yourself and get the heck out. You see all those articles that talk about good bosses and good management? This company is the antithesis of all of those. First level management is generally just fine. The problem stems from the very top. But management hands are tied, and they are bypassed and overruled on a regular basis.
    My recommendation to anyone considering going to work for here: Look up former employees on LinkedIn. Get the straight scoop from them.

Step away and hire a CEO, or hand the reigns to someone already there. Go travel and enjoy life. Those who work there will be so much happier.

Open Scan is on a clear trajectory of growth and "growing up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Open Scan Technologies

Pros

I've been working at Open Scan for years and have seen the company grow up in many ways. I've seen it move from a little boutique software company to a solution provider with solid, defined solutions that address specific business problems. With that, I've seen the leadership mature and refocus on solid strategies that work. As an employee, that means improved benefits, a professional growth plan, and fast-paced professional workplace. I feel all the departments are willing to help and work together more so than other companies I've worked at.

Cons

Personalities, personalities, personalities. Open Scan is not for the shy or weak. I see this as a positive but some might not - nothing is handed to you here, you have to earn it.

Keep getting better. There is always room for improvement. Listen to your employees because they are the most important resource a company like Open Scan has.

There are newer employer reviews for Open Scan Technologies